Key factors to LDR is Communication and Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Key factors to LDR is Communication and Support

Hey guys I was wondering how do you all communicate with your ldr partners? Because I know it plays a big part in any relationship especially long distance so what do you do or what other ways you can communicate with them?

*Please don't take this the wrong way when I post this thread up. These are ways that I feel that you can communicate and support each other whether it's posting up videos, sending funny pics of each other or anything. I keep a positive outlook on things even if communication with each other is hard because of school and work related matter but I say DO everything you can with the resources that are available to you, to make it work.

Social Media Sites we have:

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/user/RayMariMe

Tumblr - https://raymarime.tumblr.com/

Ideas:

Skype everyday
    Viper App which allows you to call for FREE
    Sending Letters and gifts to each other
    Planning visits
    Investing in a camera and make videos for each other or give advice to couples in ldr relationships

Suggestions on any other ways?

Well goodness, it sounds like you have it covered! You listed more than I thought of! I'll be interested to watch this thread, though, and see what others say.

Comment

Avocado and Whats App are apps that i use/used, I also tried Tango (free video calls) but it couldn't quite hold up to the same standard as Skype. We occasionally use G+ to watch YouTube videos together as well. I even sent a telegram using telegramsam https://www.telegramsam.co.uk once, though that's something you probably wont do often. E-cards are also nice
      We part only to meet again ~ J.Gay

Comment

Me and my SO use the basic ways like iMessage and FaceTime. As we both have iPhones we share a photo stream and each day we take it in turns to upload a photo of something from our day. It definitely helps make us feel more involved in each other's day until the time we get to be together again

Comment

Oops, forgot about Snap Chat, we really like that
          We part only to meet again ~ J.Gay

Comment

We text a little, and use Facebook a bit. We also both have Facebook Messenger, so we will receive messages even when the other is logged of Facebook. We are also trying out Tango and Hangouts. We call, usually just for messages because otherwise it quickly becomes expensive since I am calling Asia. And I would like to try out the Gmail video, maybe I will tonight? The video on Facebook is so so. We mostly Skype, Skype, and Skype. He uses his phone, and I switch between computer and phone. Sometimes package and card, but it takes a long time to reach. We send pictures over text or mail. I make videos by Eyejot or Skype, usually of me singing (has not made any sluttier movies as of yet).
            Last edited by differentcountries; January 6, 2014, 06:08 AM.
            I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
            - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Email, Facebook Chat, Skype

When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.

True love does not worry about the distance between, for the heart and soul travels through one's words

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.

1 universe, 9 planets, 7 continents, 194 countries, 50 states and 10 provinces...and I had the privilege to meet you.

Comment

I'll just go ahead and mention a bunch of stuff we've come up with to make the distance easier: We made a shared YouTube account so that all the videos are private but only the two of us (who have the password) can access them. Also a shared email which we used to make a shared paypal (we both deposit what we can here and there and that money gets put towards the next persons ticket) We use Skype for IM and video chat and What's App when we are on the go. We recently started using Viber for calls, it's nice to be able to do short phone calls when we are busy and save the video chat for when we have more free time. We are both students, so sometimes we'll open a video chat and do homework together, and on weekends sometimes a skype sleepover. We've also done dinner dates where we will pick a simple recipe, both make it, and enjoy it together while we watch some thing on Netflix or project free tv. So yeah, communication is a must, and even through we both balance quite a bit, we've found ways to stay connected and remind the other we are thinking of them. So yeah, bunch of ideas for staying connected and keeping the line open.
                First Visit - June 25, 2013 - July 15, 2013 (England)
                Second Visit - December 20, 2013 - January 13, 2014 (England)
                Third Visit: (Tickets Booked!) April 12, 2014 - May 10, 2014 (US)

Comment

Originally posted by Alsfia View Post
                  Oops, forgot about Snap Chat, we really like that
                  What's the advantage to Snap Chat?

Comment

We have used a lot of apps/programs throughout the years:

AIM - we used to use it for messaging, but not anymore.
                    Avocado - the best app for couples in my opinion, we managed to get Avocado Unlimited, so we can add as much photos as we want, + they have a web app, so you don't need your phone/tablet all the time, we use it almost everyday and it's great if you want to have something private.
                    Couple - it's basically the same as Avocado, but has different features, like thumb kiss and drawing together. We used it a lot when it was launched, but stopped for some reason.
                    Glympse - it may sound a bit weird, but we use it sometimes to share our location with the other one. Especially when we are going somewhere, so the other one can keep an eye on it.
                    Hangouts on G+ - we use it when Skype's video call is bad, or if we wanna watch youtube videos or play games together.
                    Path - we used it for a really long time, you can share pictures, message privately, check in when you are going to sleep, wake up, etc.
                    text+ - it was the first app we ever used for messaging, it was pretty cool, but we stopped using it.
                    Vimeo - great place to upload videos privately and your partner has to know the password to watch them.
                    Voxer - the best app ever to leave voice messages, you can also send pictures and share your location.

Also, we have tried out some calling and messaging apps like KakaoTalk, ooVoo, Line, Tango, but we never liked them.

We do like Rebtel, it has a good quality and you can call for free.

Well, the list is pretty long, but we send emails, use Avocado and Skype the most. Skype is the main program, when we are both online.

Comment

We text all day as much as we can
                      At night we sent video text that way we can still do our own thing but hear our voices
                      We sent letters with will pictures we take when we see each other
                      We visit each other every few months
                      Once or twice a week we will face time.
                      That's pretty much it lol

Comment

We use
                        - Facebook chat
                        - Gmail chat (rarely)
                        first met in 2008 -- started talking online again in 2011 -- decided to go on a date in 2012 -- actually started dating on our first visit in August 2013 --
                        second visit in February 2014 -- third visit in June 2014 -- fourth visit in September 2014

Comment

We just started using Hangouts and Viber too.
                          I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Originally posted by differentcountries View Post
                            We just started using Hangouts and Viber too.
                            Why not just Skype? What is the advantage to Hangouts and Viber and some of the others?

Comment

Originally posted by piratemama View Post
                              Why not just Skype? What is the advantage to Hangouts and Viber and some of the others?
                              Because some days Skype is a bitch and it is no fun falling out and using half the time to get in. Hangouts is more stable. But the sound is (when working!) a bit better in Skype. We will use Hangouts as a supplement to Skype.

Viber gives free messages with lots of emicons, it can also be used to make free calls.

Comment

Working...
                              X