No announcement yet.

He's home, but all is not good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nearly 3 weeks later and he still hasn't told his best friend we have broke up... Even when he has asked how I am..

I don't understand why he wouldn't say??
    ”I vow to fiercely love you in all your forms, now and forever. I promise to never forget that this is a once in a lifetime love. I vow to love you, and no matter what challenges might carry us apart, we will always find a way back to each other.”
    The Vow

Comment

You need to stop talking to him and anybody thats friends with him. Talking to him isnt helping you move on, its only causing more drama.

Comment

Stop contact with him for a few weeks. He is now your good friend and not your BF, you need to adjust to that line of thinking. Go out and if only for a few hours with your galpals go try to look at other men as potential future "mates", don't even talk to them if you don't want to. Just go guy watch with your girlfriends. Let the healing begin. That was then and this is now. Move on.
        "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
        Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Hollandia View Post
          Stop contact with him for a few weeks. He is now your good friend and not your BF, you need to adjust to that line of thinking. Go out and if only for a few hours with your galpals go try to look at other men as potential future "mates", don't even talk to them if you don't want to. Just go guy watch with your girlfriends. Let the healing begin. That was then and this is now. Move on.
          I agree with this. I know you are sad, and you wish he were sad. He may be hurting, too, but he's a guy and won't show it the same way you do. However, it doesn't matter now. For you to be okay, you must cut the ties completely. Stop caring if he is talking about it. Stop caring what he thinks or does. Start looking around you for others that need you and care about you. Reach out to others that are going through tough times. Forget this guy, so you can move on and be happy. You'll never heal, if you keep picking at this wound. Good luck. Remember, we aren't trying to hurt you on this forum. We care and want the best for you.

Comment

Maybe you should tell him you want the relation to end ! Even if that is not what you truly want.
            You only realise what you had when it's gone ! And be brave and act asif you are ok !
            You have to find out if he wants to go for it a 100% ! You dont want to find yourself a year from now having thrown away all that time for nothing.
            But it's hard ! I know ! xxxx

Comment

I can't imagine not knowing whether or not it was going to last. No matter what happens, life goes on. You get through it. Idk how, but you do. I promise things will work out the way they're supposed to. I'm so sorry. I can't even fathom what you must be feeling right now. Best of luck to you sweetie.
              Ignore the Newbie status. This is a new account created by a once very active LFAD member and veteran long-distance lover. After several months away from the site, I'm back!
              Old account name: Rach92g
              This Is Us
              Became A Couple: Friday, May 25th, 2007
              Close Distance: May 2007 - June 2010
              Long Distance (Georgia to California): June 2010 - February 2015
              Long Distance (Georgia to Tennessee): February 2015 - Present
              Got Engaged: May 8, 2015
              Closing The Distance: ?

Comment

Working...
              X