He is sooooo sick with the flu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He is sooooo sick with the flu

Poor baby , my SO is soooo sick right now.Hes had the flu for about a week; not able to keep much down, throwing up running to the washroom. and of course hes spent the majority of time in bed. At least I know he tries to take care of himself so I do know hes doing fluids and trying to get something into his stomach such as ramen noodles and the like, but its killing me I cant be there to help him, make sure he has what he needs and take care of him. He tries to make sure he skypes me every day because he knows I worry about him as he worries about me, but I dont keep him on long because i know he needs his rest. He always says he misses me and sends a kiss. Im so lucky to have him but in this instance I am so worried about him. Texas is a long way away from me....I usually cope very well with us being LD but right now hes constantly on my mind. I know there is nothing I can do right now...just venting I guess.

I understand how you feel. When my SO isn't feeling good, it's so hard not being there to take care of him.
    A big downside of being LD. It's funny that you mentioned Texas because that's where my SO lives! I'm actually flying to Dallas on the 19th (yay!!)
    I hope your SO feels better. I've had the flu once before and I was 2 so I really don't remember anything. lol

Comment

It is times like this that make the distance harder, because you have the need to be there for him and can't. I'm sure your care means a lot to him. It's great you can see him on Skype, so you feel more comfortable how he is really doing. I hope he gets better soon.

Comment

Originally posted by sarahjane1992 View Post
        I understand how you feel. When my SO isn't feeling good, it's so hard not being there to take care of him.
        A big downside of being LD. It's funny that you mentioned Texas because that's where my SO lives! I'm actually flying to Dallas on the 19th (yay!!)
        I hope your SO feels better. I've had the flu once before and I was 2 so I really don't remember anything. lol

Well wave at mine when you go..Hes in Ft Worth! and thanks for all the kind words folks..it helps me to come here and see how everyone else is doing and how they are handling things LD!

Comment

I see where you're coming from. A couple of weeks ago my SO got really sick with the flu. It was hard not being able to be there and care for him the way I wanted. Just hang in there! If your man does what he can he will soon be better, and feel cared for still because you say nice things to him and don't mind seeing him sick.
          I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
          - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I hope he starts to feel better soon. I know how you feel, Scott fell on Boxing Day and broke his arm in two places, he needed surgery and although he's okay now - back at work in a cast - I still felt awful and worried when I couldn't be there with him, especially when it meant that he wasn't well enough to visit for our birthday. Keep talking when you can and hopefully he'll be back to his usual self soon
            Joey & Scott
            Met: April 2002
            Lost Contact: August 2002
            Reconnected: April 2010
            Together: May 20th 2010

[COLOR="#800080"]"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by xanzbarr View Post
              Well wave at mine when you go..Hes in Ft Worth! and thanks for all the kind words folks..it helps me to come here and see how everyone else is doing and how they are handling things LD!
              Nice! I've never flown in at Dallas Fort Worth. That airport is crazy big. My SO said it has it's own zipcode LOL I like Dallas love field better. It's smaller and easier to get around in.
              I hope your SO is feeling better!

Comment

It is hard when one of you are sick and so far apart. Women are (usually) nurturers and caring for others is second nature. So, it's difficult when you can't be there to touch, console, and take care of them.
                February 2012 -- met online
                August 2012 -- he said "I love you."
                April 2013 -- met in person
                June 2013 -- broke up
                July 2013 -- back together
                August 2013 -- 2nd visit
                October 20, 2013 -- He proposed!
                April 22, 2014 -- Married/closed the distance!

Comment

My SO got the swine flu our freshman year of college when it was still a rather new thing and people were dying from it...I FREAKED when he told me . Somehow he made the effort to drag himself onto Skype after 3 days or something when he had regained some energy...I don't handle the distance well when my SO is sick. I tend to over worry, and try to take care of him too much, or at least as much as I can. The two aren't a good mix, in my opinion. My SO also had to go to the hospital once, our junior year. I think I slept all of 40 minutes that night. It's the worst because at least in my case, he couldn't text or call me so I had no idea what was going on. It's times like those I despise the distance.

ANYWAY! Hoping your SO gets better soon ^^. Sorry for the rant, my SO gets sick so easily so I'm almost a veteran in the subject xD.

Comment

I totally feel for you. It must be flu season because my SO is sick as well! He's been getting better as of a few hours ago, and hopefully a good night's sleep helps him. I hope your SO gets better soon!!

Comment

Hopefully he feels better soon. I think that's the hardest thing is not being able to provide physical support. My SO livesby Dallas also. Ill be going there next month for our first meet.

Comment

Well hes still very sick, but he Skypes me every night even so. He wants to hear my voice, says he misses me and it lets me know how he is doing, because he knows I worry about him. At least he is now keeping fluids down. Wish I could help him but we are so far apart. Im thankful he keeps in touch with me poor guy.

Comment

thank goodness!! Hes finally able to keep some food down. He skyped with me for an hour last night, which is the longest hes been able to without having to go to bed. Thanks for all the good wishes....

Comment

Yay!! there's hope after all!! Good!
                            February 2012 -- met online
                            August 2012 -- he said "I love you."
                            April 2013 -- met in person
                            June 2013 -- broke up
                            July 2013 -- back together
                            August 2013 -- 2nd visit
                            October 20, 2013 -- He proposed!
                            April 22, 2014 -- Married/closed the distance!

Comment

Working...
                            X