Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update: Fresh Start

Hello everyone,

Last time I posted a message was about my horrible break up. Well alot has changed since then; I moved to back to hometown with my family, changed my major, and in Spring Quarter I will be studying to get my Bachelor of Arts in Architecture. A couple weeks ago my ex was sent me a long paragraph confessing everything and saying that the real reason he broke up with me was because he couldn't handle the long distance it was nothing I did that made him dump me. I thought alot about what he said and didn't respond to him. A few days later he sent me an email summarizing the same message ad that one day he wants to be more than friends again. Then January 2 at midnight I decided to write back saying*how I*can't trust him right now because of the excuses he made up and that I don't want to be friends with him because I'm still in love with. But if he really wants to be friends again he needs to prove I can trust him again, then maybe in the future we can be together again. So I sent it and that morning I WOKE UP TO 22 TEXTS FROM HIM!!! We are not together right now but we are working things out and seeing how they go. He wants to come visit me next month for a few days so we can spend some time together, talk everything out, and he can finally meet my parents.

WOW! Good luck with that!

When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.

True love does not worry about the distance between, for the heart and soul travels through one's words

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.

1 universe, 9 planets, 7 continents, 194 countries, 50 states and 10 provinces...and I had the privilege to meet you.

Comment

I hope it turns out to be as promising as it sounds. I'll be thinking of you.

Comment

Good luck! I hope things work out the way you want.
        Our love story:
        Attended the same high school 2004-2007
        Dated CD: June 2009-July 2010
        Reconnected: August 2012
        Began dating LD: November 2012
        Engaged! March 2014
        Closing the distance: December 2015

Comment

Good luck. I hope all goes well. =]

Comment

Originally posted by bribri2729 View Post
            Hello everyone,

Last time I posted a message was about my horrible break up. Well alot has changed since then; I moved to back to hometown with my family, changed my major, and in Spring Quarter I will be studying to get my Bachelor of Arts in Architecture. A couple weeks ago my ex was sent me a long paragraph confessing everything and saying that the real reason he broke up with me was because he couldn't handle the long distance it was nothing I did that made him dump me. I thought alot about what he said and didn't respond to him. A few days later he sent me an email summarizing the same message ad that one day he wants to be more than friends again. Then January 2 at midnight I decided to write back saying*how I*can't trust him right now because of the excuses he made up and that I don't want to be friends with him because I'm still in love with. But if he really wants to be friends again he needs to prove I can trust him again, then maybe in the future we can be together again. So I sent it and that morning I WOKE UP TO 22 TEXTS FROM HIM!!! We are not together right now but we are working things out and seeing how they go. He wants to come visit me next month for a few days so we can spend some time together, talk everything out, and he can finally meet my parents.

Sometimes people just need a good ole kick in the pants!

Comment

Originally posted by bribri2729 View Post
              Hello everyone,

If someone had dumped me and hurt me like that, I would expect them to show up in front of my door and _show_ me how much I mean to them instead of writing some lousy emails and texts, virtually snipping their fingers and expecting me to be all happy about it. Sorry but actions speak louder than words and texts and mails wouldn't mean much too me, even when you're long distance. You can still send flowers/presents over and call until your phone burns if you can't afford a flight.
              I don't want to demotivate you, just be a little bit more careful and see if he really makes an effort.

Comment

I don't know how long the distance, but I just sent something in priority mail for my so and it still took 2 1/2 weeks to get there. So it may be too slow a way to get a point across. Planning a visit sounds like action to me.
                I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I am so happy for you. I know how it feels to lose them and to get them back. Me and my SO broke up in August last year and got back together in November and we have been together since. Having distance makes you realise how much you need them.

Lauren

Comment

Thanks for all the replies, I am going to be very careful this time around. Hopefully, next month when he visits we will have a sit down get a lot of things out our chest and move forward. I am continuing to build my friendship and trust with him and it is going to take some time for me to completely trust and believe him again.

Comment

I hope everything works out for you. When my ex broke up with me because of the distance, it hit me out of the blue because we were only months away from meeting each other. We took a break then got back together but things were different and strained. I ended up breaking-up with him because it was going nowhere. I think you two need to sit down and plan thing through. Seeing each other alone won't restore the magical spark. My ex didn't like planning which made him feel "trapped" hopefully your SO is more open to it. Good luck with everything (:
                      “The ties that binds us are sometimes impossible to explain. They connect us even after it seems like the ties should be broken. Some bonds defy distance and time and logic; Because some ties are simply… meant to be.” - Grey’s Anatomy

>Little Box<

Comment

Things for us have been different since we're talking again, we're taking it one day at a time. We've been talking everyday and the spark is somewhat coming back, but it's still going to take time. When he comes to visit we both want to have a long sit down and talk about everything!

Comment

I've been there a few years ago. We also took it one day at a time until we got a chance to have a real sit down on our next visit together... It's not been perfect since then, but we are making it through our issues with less and less drama and with more and more progress. I hope you two end up being able to build on things like we have.
                          First met online: June, 2010
                          First met in person: August, 2011 (See the story of our first visit)
                          Second visit: December, 2011 (Christmas and New Years together!)
                          Third visit together: August, 2012
                          Fourth visit: December 2012 (Christmas and New Years together!)
                          Fifth visit: July 2013 (2 weeks here in Canada)
                          Sixth visit: December 2013 (Christmas and New Years together again and I finally met his mother!)
                          Next visit: Unknown... for now but coming up ASAP

Comment

I hope all goes well...wishing you the best.
                            Love is patient and kind. It does not envy or boast; is not proud, rude or self-seeking. Love is not easily angered and keeps no record of wrongs. It does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. Love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

~*~Love never fails~*~ 1 Corinthians 13

Comment

Working...
                            X