how long ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how long ?

Hi =) Question. How long have you and your love been together? How did you meet? and what is the longest time you went without seeing each other? I think most of you will be blown away on how long I have not seen my love.

Originally posted by angeldi View Post
    Hi =) Question. How long have you and your love been together? How did you meet? and what is the longest time you went without seeing each other? I think most of you will be blown away on how long I have not seen my love.
    Been together since May 2012. We met through my brother on Facebook. He grew up with my brother but I never knew him. He is on NY and I am in Atlanta. The longest we were apart is 3 1/2 months. And it was terrible!
    sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

Comment

We have been together since the end of September 2013, just 3 1/2 months. He is coming here in a 2 weeks time. We seem to establish a rule of visit once every 2.months. I think that is pretty decent for a Norway -Turkey relationship. We met at his workplace, he works as a waiter at the beach restaurant connected to my hotel. He knew one of my friends from before since she is a regular at the hotel /beach. She told me he is a really nice guy, and this and that about him, stuff that made me feel I knew him a little.
      I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
      - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Originally posted by angeldi View Post
        I think most of you will be blown away on how long I have not seen my love.
        Well then, why don't you tell us?
        I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

We are prepared to be blown away
          I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I would like to kindly remind everyone that this website is for support and advice. Not to try to prove your LDR is harder than someone else's.

Comment

Me and my SO have been together for five and a half years we only go a month without seeing each other and for that I am very grateful 😍 we met at school when we were 13 and I have loved him everyday since

Comment

While I think I understand your reasoning behind posting this thread, and I imagine you posted it because you're curious about everyone else here - which is good, and absolutely, keep posting. I would just be cautious about how you go about asking the "how long have you gone without seeing each other" question. It's not healthy - for anyone - to compare your relationship to others. This isn't a place, or at least it's my impression of LFAD, to do the "we haven't seen each other in longer" contest.

More power to you, though, for not seeing your SO for a long time. Or, at least, I imagine it's been a long time.

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
                Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
                Progress: Working on it.

Comment

Seriously, Angeldi, any joy or hardship you have you can probably find an ear who can listen, and offer advice if asked for. Some people in here see each other everything week, others go years without seeing each other live. Common is we pretty much all miss our boyfriend or girlfriend and wish we could spend more time more often. Some have closed the distance and make the rest of us envious! Tell us your story and join in .
                  Last edited by differentcountries; January 13, 2014, 07:36 AM.

Comment

Me and my SO have been together for over 2 years. We have met during my studies in Denmark, when our common friend introduced us at the bar on my B-day We usually meet once a 4 months, but this time we havenīt seen each other for 5 months, and still have almost two more to go.

Comment

I've been with my SO 9 months this Saturday! We met online and talked around a month before we met in person.
                      We haven't seen each other since late October. This is the longest time we've been apart. 3 months.
                      But I'm flying to Dallas in 6 days yay! <3

Comment

Originally posted by lucybelle View Post
                        I would like to kindly remind everyone that this website is for support and advice. Not to try to prove your LDR is harder than someone else's.
                        I agree with lucybelle, but sometimes it does help to know others are going through the same thing. Just to know I'm not the only one that has to ache to see my SO is a comfort, and it helps to know others can make it, too. You are right, though, it shouldn't be a competition. I don't think the OP meant it that way.

For the OP, my SO and I started out as friends, so it's really hard to put an exact date on when we started. I would say we have been in love for at least 2 years, and we've only spent one week of that in person. It's been 18 months since I've seen him. It is hard, and it does help to know others go through the same thing, but it's worth every bit! I think each moment we make it LD will help cement our relationship. We are building a strong foundation for a future together as we get to know one another. All the Skypes, emails, packages, and online games/interactions are fun and help us get closer and more bonded. Of course, I'd rather be with him, asap!!!
                        Last edited by piratemama; January 13, 2014, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Was just thinking I might have the longest time without seeing my love.. But then I read Piratemamas post. =[ I'm sorry you have to wait so long as well. But glad to see you're so positive =] You set a good example fore everyone on here. We really do need to try to stay positive with our LDRs.

I have been with my love for 1 year and 7 months. We have not had the chance to meet yet. We're planning to meet in August this year so by then it will be 2 years and 2 months. Hopefully after that we will have at least one visit a year.

Comment

Me and my SO got together in May 2009, we met online. We didn't meet for 2 years and then the 2nd longest apart was 7 months. But it was pretty hard going 5 months apart while being pregnant, first 3 months and then 2 more months before my 9th month. We thing were able to do no more distance if everything goes planned and well. I can't do anymore... not with our little one, plus just... I want to be with my man always lol
                            I love you Nathan <3
                            sigpic
                            5/25/09 <3

Comment

I met my SO nearly 4-5 years ago, Been together for nearly 3-4 years been closed distance over a year now. We met on a online game and been friends for a year we got together then 2 years later we met and closed the distance on the day he came to me Everyone loves to listen, give stories and advice here.

Comment

Working...
                              X