No announcement yet.

how long ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's already 2 years and 1 month we are together. We first met after 10 months for one week, second visit was after 7 months from the first visit for 2 weeks and now it's 8th month I've not seen him and we don't know when will we meet, but I'm trying my best with my boyfriend to be strong and wait for that day !
    We all need is to stay strong...

By the way i don't think that < angeldi > made this thread for that to prove that her LDR is harder then someone else's.

I love this forum becouse we all are sharing our story's and we are asking questions about anything............

Comment

Next week we will be together for 20 months or a year and 8 months.
      We met online through a video game (Zombie Panic! Source).
      Longest time between visits has been 3 months so far (not counting the initial 10 months before we have seen each other).

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
      First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
      Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
      Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
      Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
      Married: 1/24/2015
      Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Originally posted by kiara_silver View Post
        Me and my SO got together in May 2009, we met online. We didn't meet for 2 years and then the 2nd longest apart was 7 months. But it was pretty hard going 5 months apart while being pregnant, first 3 months and then 2 more months before my 9th month. We thing were able to do no more distance if everything goes planned and well. I can't do anymore... not with our little one, plus just... I want to be with my man always lol
        So you are having kids before closing the distance? I am curious because I asked some time ago on the Forum if anyone had done that but then none admitted to it (though some admitted to have thought sweet thoughts about it) . Later some more example have turned up. So I guess people do do it... Though apperently it is not nice to write about the subject of getting pregnant during a LDR...in the Parents section anyway.
        Last edited by differentcountries; January 13, 2014, 02:54 PM.
        I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
        - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Originally posted by differentcountries View Post
          So you are having kids before closing the distance? I am curious because I asked some time ago on the Forum if anyone had done that but then none admitted to it (though some admitted to have thought sweet thoughts about it) . Later some more example have turned up. So I guess people do do it... Though apperently it is not nice to write about the subject of getting pregnant during a LDR...in the Parents section anyway.
          To be fair, though, kiara_silver had her baby like, a month ago. So... there's that.

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
          Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
          Progress: Working on it.

Comment

My boyfriend and I met in person after a little over a year of meeting online. Between the first two visits, we were apart about 6 months (our shortest time between visits), and between that visit and our next visit was almost exactly 1 year. And between that visit and our latest visit was about 9 months. Currently, we have been long distance again for over 4 months and we have likely over a year to go until we are in the same place again. I like to just say "a few months." We will take it day by day and keep communicating. We are able to talk a lot most days so we'll make it through.

Comment

Originally posted by differentcountries View Post
              Probably a little off topic though - maybe you'd like to re-new that thread to see if there are others instead of trying to point it out in here?

The SO and I have been together just over 3 and a half years. The longest stretch we've had since getting back together in 2010 was about 7 months. Before that we hadn't seen each other for 13 years.

Comment

Originally posted by angeldi View Post
                Hi =) Question. How long have you and your love been together? How did you meet? and what is the longest time you went without seeing each other? I think most of you will be blown away on how long I have not seen my love.
                1. Will be 9 months next week.
                2. We met online.
                3. We met for the first time at 6 months and we are working on a visit shortly after our anniversary. The plan has always been for us to see each other twice a year.

When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.

True love does not worry about the distance between, for the heart and soul travels through one's words

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.

1 universe, 9 planets, 7 continents, 194 countries, 50 states and 10 provinces...and I had the privilege to meet you.

Comment

My SO and I have been together for 2 1/2 years. We met in school when we were 10 and became best friends. Our relationship has been long distance from day 1... So two, almost three, years.

Comment

Met my SO May 2nd 2008, started dating May 2nd 2009 (totally coincidental, too!). Went LD August 2009 and the longest time apart was 3 and a half months. We were CD from May 2010-August 2011, and went back to LD since and will finally be closing the distance the first weekend in May of this year!

Comment

My SO and I met back in high school in 2006. We dated CD from February 2009-July 2010. We tried dating long distance in August 2012 and were off and on until May 2013. We have been back together since November and have made an agreement to work through any issues, even if they're separate issues, together and not break up. It's not an option We saw each other for two weeks at the end of March-April in 2013 and have not seen each other since we began dating again. We will see each other at the end of May-the beginning of June for two weeks. At that point, we wouldn't have seen each other in person for 1 year and a few days shy of 2 months.
                      Our love story:
                      Attended the same high school 2004-2007
                      Dated CD: June 2009-July 2010
                      Reconnected: August 2012
                      Began dating LD: November 2012
                      Engaged! March 2014
                      Closing the distance: December 2015

Comment

We've been together since 2013, for 9 months now. We both met each other on Facebook, and we have not met in person yet sadly. Hoping for a chance to meet someday soon! If not, we'll stick through it. Only 3 to 4 more years until he moves in and the distance is closed.
                        Last edited by RainbowThunda; January 13, 2014, 11:59 PM.

Comment

still wondering if "angeldi" is actually going to share her mindblowing story with us

Comment

my intentions were not to hurt anyone. Im just curious how everyone found their true love. Im not comparing anyones relationship. They are all different. Sorry if anyone took my post the wrong way. Im happy for all of you =) I have been with my love for 7 1/2 years. Have not seen him in two years 9 months. People around me do not understand this, but they are not in a LDR. We met on match.com I couldnt be happier! And cant wait to see him again. Thank You for sharing your stories I find it beautiful and a blessing how everyone found true love. Best wishes to all.

Comment

1. My SO and I started off as friends, so we've known each other for about 2 years, been together for 1 year and a couple weeks.
                              2. We met online, I was doing a bit of freelance writing for his website, we became close friends after we started talking.
                              3. Our first visit wasn't until about 14 months after we started talking, but about 6 months after we became a couple. Second visit was about 6 months after that, this next one (our 3rd) will be our shortest with only 4 months in between.
                              First Visit - June 25, 2013 - July 15, 2013 (England)
                              Second Visit - December 20, 2013 - January 13, 2014 (England)
                              Third Visit: (Tickets Booked!) April 12, 2014 - May 10, 2014 (US)

Comment

We been togther 9 months and we met down at Disney world while we used to be cast members longest we gone is 2 months but now were engaged and will end this distance in July
                                Last edited by itsjen516; January 14, 2014, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X