Why I like it here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why I like it here

It feels good to be in a place where so many of us can relate. Usally I feel alone being the only person I know that's in a long distance and many of my friends don't get it. They don't understand how hard it is. But here it's cool how we are all connected from all over the world and all relate in the same thing

I agree. It's also great that we can have different views on the forum and still get along. We are all different, yet we still connect. I love the support here.

Comment

I couldn't agree more. I feel so lucky that I found this forum as it has helped me immensely in just a couple weeks. And like Piratemama said having different views is good as well. It's always good to see things from different perspectives.

Comment

I think being able to have a safe space to retreat to where other people understand the kind of challenges and situations I face has been monumentally helpful to me over the past... however long I've been here. There are some things that are really difficult to talk to the people around me about because LDRs, let alone international ones, are still so stigmatized here.

LFAD has been an incredible help to me and I think of it often when I am away in the depths of the cold and unloving internet.
        Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
        Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
        Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

Originally posted by kittyo9 View Post
          I think being able to have a safe space to retreat to where other people understand the kind of challenges and situations I face has been monumentally helpful to me over the past... however long I've been here. There are some things that are really difficult to talk to the people around me about because LDRs, let alone international ones, are still so stigmatized here.

LFAD has been an incredible help to me and I think of it often when I am away in the depths of the cold and unloving internet.
          wow your international that's even harsher

Comment

At the time of my very first post here I was very upset with the whole LDR situation and the lack of support I got from friends and family. Instead of being happy for me and helping me I was faced with questions, stereotypes and judgement. I was sad, I was upset and I was looking for a place where I could say how I feel about it and not be judged for it.

This is the place that helped me get through all those hard times. Now we are engaged, about to file the Fiancée Visa and getting ready to get married. If I didn't have the support I had from this community, who always had my back, I would probably have broken down under all the pressure and hatred thrown at me.

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
            First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
            Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
            Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
            Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
            Married: 1/24/2015
            Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

I am not the person who posts a lot here. But I read a lot, cause even thought I don´t know what to say or advice people. It really helps having someone else who knows the feeling. Thank you all for writing, so I have something to read :-)

Comment

I must agree with what has been already expressed in the thread. I became a member when my LDR got kinda rough, I was sick of the distance and desperate for a help. And I got it here Lots of great tips, advice, happy-ends and broken hearts ... Everything that I was going through as well. Now I´m dealing with my mum´s continuous denial of my relationship and once again I´m finding much appreciated advice in here.

Comment

Everything that has been said here is the absolute truth! It's so nice to have found a community of people who all give wonderful, sane advice because they understand the hardships we all face. I'm so glad I found this site. It's only been a week or two, and I've found so much good advive everywhere. My friends have never been in relationships, and view mine as perfect, so it's nice to come somewhere where I can get good advice and no one brushes me off saying "shut up, your relationship is perfect". Everyone here is so nice! I'm so glad to be here

Comment

I appreciate the support we give each other, and the tips. It is so much easier when others go through the same thing.
                    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I definitely agree with you and everyone else. It's so great to have people to talk to that are in the same situation or who have gone through the same situation, even if we don't all know each other on a personal level that support is just amazing to have!

Comment

A big thank you to all those who have read my posts and /or commented on them. I can come here and not feel so alone. The rest of the time I am looking after my Mom who I love dearly ....but it can be very frustrating at times so I retire to my room and go online and when I come here i feel like I belong somewhere!!

Comment

I feel the same, I've been here nearly a year - only active for about five months before I took a hiatus coz of work and stuff, but still kept the tab open to check in every now and again and when our birthday visit fell through this is the first place and I came, to be supported and welcome back. It's a great place full of great people and I am so glad I found it to all of you!
                          Joey & Scott
                          Met: April 2002
                          Lost Contact: August 2002
                          Reconnected: April 2010
                          Together: May 20th 2010

[COLOR="#800080"]"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                          X