Meeting SO while studying abroad! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meeting SO while studying abroad! :)

I thought it would be interesting to see how many of us met their SO while studying abroad or while the SO was studying abroad! Or both doing a study abroad at the same time!

Who went to study where?
    For how long?
    How long into the semester/year did you meet?
    When did you decide to be together? (Of course knowing that it will turn LD)
    How much time did you have before one or both left the country?
    When did you see each other again?

Who went to study where?
    My bf went to study in my country and my university here in Linz, Austria!

For how long?
    He was here from September 2009 until February 2010.

How long into the semester/year did you meet? How?
    We met at the end of October, so about a month after he arrived, at a bar at campus! It was love at first sight! I was planning to leave around 12, but stayed talking with him and some friends until around 3 am! We exchanged names and msn-adress that same night!

When did you decide to be together? (Of course knowing that it will turn LD)
    I invited him and a friend to dinner to my house, and that night we kissed for the first time! Since then we are together! It was the 7th of December 2009! After one week of being together we spent every night and every free minute together!

We spent about 2 months as a couple before he had to go back to Mexico!
    But during our first month I decided to apply for an exchange-year in his university! So that was awesome! I was actually planning on going for a semester to England! Well, good bye England it was ^^
    (I was lucky that I have started learning Spanish - because I always loved it and wanted to learn it - from my first semester on in my university. Only because of that was I allowed to apply to a Mexican University. Talk about "destiny")

Funny enough, like 10 days after he left! Because my friend and I planned a trip to California and Arizona in October/November (I have not yet been with my bf then, but knew him) and he lives right across the border to California! We met up on the 14th of February 2010 (Valentine's Day) in San Diego and he spend a week of the trip with us. We went to Phoenix, from there to the Grand Canyon and Las Vegas. It was great! On the day we met again, I also met his parents and sister for the first time.
    After that trip, we saw each other again in July 2010, when I started my exchange year!

So how about you?

We met while we were both working at Disney. I had been there exactly a month and he had been there 2 weeks
    Disney makes all cast members take a class about safety and other stuff I never lisented to lol, but it turned out me and him were in the same class. He sat across from me and I thiught he was pretty cute . eveyone at Disney is super nice and we got along right away.
    Since I was working attractions and he was custodial I was like mehh ill never see him again. A few days later I saw him near the ride I worked and he was just walking around cleaning and he came over to talk to me. I was like oh we were in the same class right.
    That's when we really started taking more and I found out that he was working my area the rest of our program.
    After that we talked a lot more and I knew I liked him. Eventuly I asked him to lets hang out at one of the parks. I must have done something right lol cuz on tha way home he started kissing me on the monorail . and we been dating ever since

Comment

I like this thread!
      Who went to study where?
      My SO came out to California to study at my school, California State University, Fullerton.

For how long
      He was studying as an international student there for one semester. He was there from August 2011-January 2012.

How long into the semester/year did you meet
      We met about two weeks into the semester. I saw him in the library one day, and the rest is history

When did you decide to be together?
      We decided to be together about two weeks before he was leaving back home. By this point, the semester had already ended, but he decided to stay in California for another month over winter break. I thought he wanted to stay so he could explore more of the state, but the main reason was because he wanted to see more of me

As I stated before, we were able to spend about two weeks together as a couple before he went home.

My SO came back out to California to visit me one month after he left. Two years later, we're still going strong!

Comment

Working...
      X