Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

so how often do you and your SO communicate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so how often do you and your SO communicate?

Is it daily? Weekly? Do you guys have a set schedule for talking or just take each day as it comes? How do you deal with being multiple time zones apart? What methods work best for you? I am trying to figure out what would work for me and my boyfriend and just wanted to hear other people's experiences

My families broadband usage is 20GB a month, and with 5 people in the house, my parents, my two younger sisters and me it can get used up fast. So therefore while I would love to talk to my SO every single night/day it just isn't possible, although lately we have been talking every day. At the moment I am on a 2 week Uni study break so am home all day but during the term time I do have a fair amount of work to try and fit in around lectures, tutorials, and labs and so it is limited depending on my workload. We kind of take each day as it comes, if we are able to talk we do, if not then I will do a little 10-15 minutes "goodnight recording" for her before I sleep. In the middle of September my SO will start her course of study and so we will only be able to talk in my mornings (her evenings) which is okay as this half of the year I start my lectures late, around midday so I am around in the mornings. But yes it will depend on when she has the time with her school work, and when I have the time with my school work. But the minimum for us is usually....maybe once every 3 days? But usually we talk more than that. We are currently...10 hours apart, like for me right now it is 11:13am and for her it is only, 1:13am. That will change to 12 hours after daylight saving so it does make it harder...or actually that might make it easier I think. I am just glad that I have late classes this trimester, so that I will be able to talk in my mornings which is her evenings, once she starts her studies. But yeah it varies as our time tables get busier.

That is for actually skype talking. Other than that we send emails throughout the day, we email in the mornings before she sleeps and talk or email in the evenings at the moment. We are in contact every day in some form or other.
    Last edited by BoogleBee; August 25, 2010, 06:18 PM.

Comment

My boyfriend and I are pretty clingy, so we talk every day in the mornings and evenings - probably for about 6-8 hours total.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

everyday on the phone or when she has the internet everyday on messenger

Comment

me and Brian are practically attached at the hip. we text during the day, and talk on the phone every night. we also skype every other night. we're in the same time zone, so it's all good.

Comment

Daily: texting all day, 1-2 phone calls.

Comment

It changes.
              When we're apart, it's because he's working. Since he works 5 weeks on a ship and then has 5 weeks off, which he uses to see me.
              First time we were apart, we only talked on skype once and emailed a few times. (in 5 weeks), but at that time we didn't call ourselves a couple, so guess none of us wanted to push for more communication.
              The second time, when we were officially dating. He called me once a week from the ship, where we talked 1-2 hours.

This time, our 3rd time apart, my boyfriend really makes an effort in communicating more - because he knows I wish to.
              So he now gets up around 30 minutes earlier, so we can talk for 20-30 min on skype every day before he begins work.
              - For him getting up 30 min. earlier is a lot, considering he works 12 hours a day, with no days off. So he often only gets 6-7 hours of sleep.

Comment

We speak everyday on msn, depending on whether we're at school or on school holiday the amount of time varies. Atleast a few hours each day.

Comment

We spend all day texting each other. During this summer though he didn't have his cellphone because it didn't work up north so we spent all day e-mailing back and forth. Occasionally (maybe once a week) he will phone and we will talk for a few hours. It totally varies on how busy we are.

But we definitely try to talk to each other once a day if possible.

Comment

We speak every day. If it's not over IM or Skype, it's over text. Sometimes, when he's busy, we'll exchange a few texts, but we still try to talk mostly every day.

Comment

Just about everyday. On normal days, we talk on Yahoo Messenger and via the phone. On "off days" (days where we take time to ourselves and don't talk on messenger) we usually send each other a few e-mails and sometimes we talk on the phone too.

Comment

We talk all throughout the day...when he works his 4 overnight shifts he calls me on break and when he gets home at 4 am..then when he gets up to use the bathroom...when I am work on weekends and he is off...we message through Facebook...because everything goes to my phone...yeah...we are pretty much connected most of the time...
                        NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

We are 2 hours apart and he has work and I have school. So he usually texts me something cute to wake up too and I text him cute things until he gets off. Then he calls me or I call him when he gets off. And then we text while dinner hours go bye, and then talk before bed So basically we talk every day

Comment

All of you guys are pretty lucky! :P cause you can talk each day with your SO...
                            I speak with mine twice a week by Skype like 2 hours..
                            We used to send text messages each day ( like 4 or 5 txt) but it was pretty expensive for him, cause we are in different countries ( his cell bill was over $120 :P)
                            so we stop texting.
                            His schedule is pretty busy (collegue, work, training) that's why we can't talk each day... but it's ok ^^

Comment

It's daily for me and Delanie. We usually text in the morning just to say hi really quick and then at some point throughout the day and then call at night even if it's just for a minute to say goodnight but I hope for at least half an hour.

Comment

Working...
                              X