SO Doesnt Acknowledge Her Relationship With Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SO Doesnt Acknowledge Her Relationship With Me

Ok, Im not to sure whats going on my girlfriend hasnt been very open when it comes to aknowledging the relationship we have with each other, When we first started dating months ago I sent her a relationship request and she didnt pay attention to it, every time i would bring it up for her to fix it and say in a relationship she would ignore it and talk about something else. Also just today she posted this thing on her blog asking people to ask anonymous questions.

Out of curiosity i asked "are you dating anyone at the moment" she responded with: "The dark lord Satan, HOLLA" (as a joke)

wierded out by the answer i then asked, relationship status? she responded with "guys my relationship status is set to potato" (as another joke)

Im not to sure what to think of this, since i am like completly out in the open telling people that we are in a relationship and she is the complete opposite...

Thoughts?

She is not open about your relationship in social media. Is that important to you? You have not mentioned if she is open with family and friends.
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Don't think about it. Only a couple of people know about my LDR and we don't even have each other added on Facebook.. It's not important to either of us and I just want to avoid judgemental people.
      Another thing depends on what differentcountries said, if she's not open with family and friends.. Like I said, only a couple of people in my life know about my LDR, BUT my bf has told a lot of people in his life.. Everyone's different.

Comment

Exacrly what Sophie said ^^ Maybe she is worried about judgement? Personally, only 2 people know about my boyfriend and he hasn't told anyone about me. It's OUR relationship, nobody else needs to know about it yet and we've been together 9 months. Both of us are just a little worried about judgement and people not taking us seriously. We also aren't even friends on Facebook, but he's not into social networking that much. Instead of telling her to fix it, just ask how she feels about other people knowing. Hope everything works out!

Comment

If it is important to you that she sets her facebook profile to "in a relationship" then tell her.

But I have to say that her response to a stranger asking her if she is seeing someone doesn't seem worrysome to me. She didn't deny your existence, she chose not to disclose it to a random stranger asking her on her blog.

It's one thing if she decides to not show it on her blog, which is on the internet and therefore can be read by anyone, and that she doesn't want to set it to being in a relationship on social media, but it's another thing when it comes to hiding you from her friends/family.

Then again, we know nothing about your story. How old are you two? How long have you been dating? Has she told her parents / friends?
          Last edited by snow; January 22, 2014, 04:35 PM.

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
          First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
          Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
          Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
          Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
          Married: 1/24/2015
          Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Out and out talk to her and ask her if she considers herself in a relationship with you. Find out why she isn't telling others, because she may have a good reason. Also, explain how it makes you feel for her to leave info out of social media. She may not know it hurts you.

Comment

Social media is a bane to relationships.

But as said before, if she's out about your relationship to everyone who is important and not doing it on Facebook, I don't see an issue. You can talk to her til you're blue in the face, but if she's not going to budge, This isn't something that's negotiable. And if she's like me, I like my privacy enough on Facebook that I wouldn't make a concession on this.

When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.

True love does not worry about the distance between, for the heart and soul travels through one's words

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.

1 universe, 9 planets, 7 continents, 194 countries, 50 states and 10 provinces...and I had the privilege to meet you.

Comment

Working...
              X