Article on Communication Tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Article on Communication Tips

Since many of us have been talking about communication problems, I thought this article might be something to share. It addresses how to keep communication interesting in a LDR. It does NOT help with problems in the relationship. It does get boring saying the same old thing all the time, so I found some helpful ideas in the article. There are links within it for a few more articles on the subject, too. Hope it's okay for me to share this here.
    https://www.long-distance-lover.com/...to-talk-about/

We so need one of these threads =] Thank you.

I want to share this https://youtu.be/sVogrnAO28E I think everyone should watch this specially if they are suffering communication conflicts. And I'm so glad it was shown to me

Comment

Originally posted by Kitten_mittens View Post
      We so need one of these threads =] Thank you.

I want to share this https://youtu.be/sVogrnAO28E I think everyone should watch this specially if they are suffering communication conflicts. And I'm so glad it was shown to me
      I agree that this is a really good video on the differences in how men and women think and communicate. Warning to all, though: this video is a Christian guy. He doesn't cram it down anyone's throat, and I think everyone can get something from it. He's funny.

Comment

Originally posted by piratemama View Post
        It does get boring saying the same old thing all the time, so I found some helpful ideas in the article. There are links within it for a few more articles on the subject, too. Hope it's okay for me to share this here.
        Yes, it was interesting! B and I always take notes during our day so we remember to relay that info or ask questions we thought of, or talk about ideas we had and want to discuss with each other.
        We still have days where it's "How was your day" -- we tell about it, then it's "Ok, love you, see ya tomorrow." But, to me, it would be like that sometimes when living together so no big deal.

Kitten, I bookmarked the vid to watch tomorrow -- will get back about that after I see it.
        February 2012 -- met online
        August 2012 -- he said "I love you."
        April 2013 -- met in person
        June 2013 -- broke up
        July 2013 -- back together
        August 2013 -- 2nd visit
        October 20, 2013 -- He proposed!
        April 22, 2014 -- Married/closed the distance!

Comment

Thanks for the tips. Anything that helps!

When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.

True love does not worry about the distance between, for the heart and soul travels through one's words

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.

1 universe, 9 planets, 7 continents, 194 countries, 50 states and 10 provinces...and I had the privilege to meet you.

Comment

Good article and video! Thanks for the tips, I'm always on the lookout for any first hand advice.
            Our love story:
            Attended the same high school 2004-2007
            Dated CD: June 2009-July 2010
            Reconnected: August 2012
            Began dating LD: November 2012
            Engaged! March 2014
            Closing the distance: December 2015

Comment

I emailed the video link to myself so I can watch it later

Comment

kitten..... I watched the vid! OMG! Soooooo funny and soooo true! Will watch the rest of his vids at a later time. hahahahaha!!
                February 2012 -- met online
                August 2012 -- he said "I love you."
                April 2013 -- met in person
                June 2013 -- broke up
                July 2013 -- back together
                August 2013 -- 2nd visit
                October 20, 2013 -- He proposed!
                April 22, 2014 -- Married/closed the distance!

Comment

Just watched that vid! LOL shared with my SO. So funny! Also good article . Thanks for the shares!

Comment

Working...
                  X