Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Temporary reprive... can't decide if it's a good thing or not!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Temporary reprive... can't decide if it's a good thing or not!

An interesting day - just had a text off my special guy telling me that his expected departure date (for five months in China) has been put back from next week until mid-February! My initial reaction was: 'yeah, another ten plus days', but (after a couple of glasses of celebratory wine admittedly!), I'm not so sure it's a good thing.

I've spent the last week - and a thousand thanks to the wonderful people who have read and replied to my tearful posts! - in bits, dealing with the 'last day at work', the 'last possible evening/dinner together' (now postponed from tonight), and preparing myself for next week's flight out - and now I have to go through it all again!! It's like a rollercoaster of desperate lows (he's going) (he's going soon) and brief, amazing highs (he's staying for a few more days - does this even matter?? - what difference does a few days (in which I may or may not see him) make??) - I'm emotionally exhausted!! :/

On the positive side, it may mean he's there for only four and a half months (not sure yet, but does that make a real difference??), but it also delays my 'getting used to him not being here' phase of the process of missing him - damn the organisation organising this!! I'm also toying with advice from my counsellor and friends to 'stop waiting for him to do things / make decisions' and make my own (possibly before he comes back) - seems like a sensible idea, but I love the guy and that should mean that he's at the heart of my decisions shouldn't it?? Or if I can make decisions without accounting for him (his needs/wants) then do I really love him?? Just putting that out there - I know I do and just how much.

Anyway, regardless of whether/when I see him, I'm just absolutely loving the fact that he'll be 'down the road' for another ten or so days - how sad is that? - but it seriously made my day (small mercies)!!

(A happy for a bit longer yet..) El xx

Originally posted by ElenW View Post
    An interesting day - just had a text off my special guy telling me that his expected departure date (for five months in China) has been put back from next week until mid-February! My initial reaction was: 'yeah, another ten plus days', but (after a couple of glasses of celebratory wine admittedly!), I'm not so sure it's a good thing.

I've spent the last week - and a thousand thanks to the wonderful people who have read and replied to my tearful posts! - in bits, dealing with the 'last day at work', the 'last possible evening/dinner together' (now postponed from tonight), and preparing myself for next week's flight out - and now I have to go through it all again!! It's like a rollercoaster of desperate lows (he's going) (he's going soon) and brief, amazing highs (he's staying for a few more days - does this even matter?? - what difference does a few days (in which I may or may not see him) make??) - I'm emotionally exhausted!! :/

On the positive side, it may mean he's there for only four and a half months (not sure yet, but does that make a real difference??), but it also delays my 'getting used to him not being here' phase of the process of missing him - damn the organisation organising this!! I'm also toying with advice from my counsellor and friends to 'stop waiting for him to do things / make decisions' and make my own (possibly before he comes back) - seems like a sensible idea, but I love the guy and that should mean that he's at the heart of my decisions shouldn't it?? Or if I can make decisions without accounting for him (his needs/wants) then do I really love him?? Just putting that out there - I know I do and just how much.

Anyway, regardless of whether/when I see him, I'm just absolutely loving the fact that he'll be 'down the road' for another ten or so days - how sad is that? - but it seriously made my day (small mercies)!!

(A happy for a bit longer yet..) El xx
    As far as only being temporary versus being open ended, it most certainly does matter. If I knew an actual date to look forward to, I would be ecstatic. Four and half months will be rough, I just did almost that away last time, but make a countdown clock and watch the time tick away. Look at it as waiting for your Birthday or Christmas. Live your life, communicate with him when you can and that time will get here it and you will have him back in your arms.
    "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
    Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
    X