Geeky LDRs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geeky LDRs

Honestly, I have no idea how to work this thing. I'm so new to forums like this. I had no idea that so many people are a part of LDRs. So onwards. Valentine's Day is quickly approaching and I have yet to decide what to give my Significant Other. I live in the south, he lives out west so it's imperative that I make a decision post haste. We are both incredibly clever people (Not trying to toot my own horn!) And we are really quite serious about our fandoms. We are both into comics, Star Wars, Star Trek, Doctor Who, and things ofthat nature. So I find it to be appropriate that whatever it is I get for him have some level of "Nerdism." However, that being said, we are both super romantic so whatever I get him should be from the heart as well. I'm clinging on the the last bit of hope that I won't fall into desperity about this but it's looking grim. I really want to impress him because I've always seen myself as an Omega Level gift giver though he's on the hard side to shop for. Normally, I would not hand out such information online for the first time, but I go back to the desperity thing... If you have any ideas, any pointers, what have you, you may email me at jo.boutwell at gmail or kik me at wordsofametahuman like I said... Relatively desperate at this point though I wish it were not so. Help!

Welcome to the forum. There are a couple of other threads going on this same topic already at: https://members.lovingfromadistance....tine-s-present and https://members.lovingfromadistance....day-gift-ideas. You can search for something in the search box, too. You can google Valentine's gifts for ldr, as well, for some cool ideas. Thinkgeek has the best selection for what you are talking about. Amazon.com has a ton of everything. If you go to Amazon and type in his interest, you'll find lots of gifts. You can make something that is geared toward his interests, too. Good luck.

Comment

Not sure what exactly "desperity" is but I'll assume you mean despair. I agree that Thinkgeek might be your best bet. I would buy up that place if I had the money.
      So, here you are
      too foreign for home
      too foreign for here.
      Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

There is tons of geeky valentine gift ideas on the internet. Just look on tumblr or weheartit!
        I am sure you will find something cute and geeky for your SO! Good luck!

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
        First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
        Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
        Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
        Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
        Married: 1/24/2015
        Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Have you tried ThinkGeek.com? That's what my geeky SO and I use. It covers the realm of all things Geek.

to LFAD, BTW!

When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.

True love does not worry about the distance between, for the heart and soul travels through one's words

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.

1 universe, 9 planets, 7 continents, 194 countries, 50 states and 10 provinces...and I had the privilege to meet you.

Comment

Welcome to LFAD! I also recommend ThinkGeek. I live on that site! Haha!

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

I think there's an echo in here... Thinkgeek! I have also ordered some things for my SO from ohmygeekness on Etsy - her products are great I got my SO FFVII cufflinks for Christmas, and he loved them. I think her stuff is more video gamey though, not sure if your geekiness extends in that direction.

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
              Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

Welcome! If you want off-the-wall geekery, check out woot.com. Shirt.woot usually has some pretty fantastic (And geeky) shirts available.

I'd also check out etsy for handmade items. They can take longer, but are worth it.

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
                Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
                Progress: Working on it.

Comment

Thinkgeek. Definitely. As everyone has said. I would like to add that right now thonk geek has a special category for Valentine's day gift ideas with ideas including the fandom you mentioned. (Huge star wars fan by the way. The have Han solo and lea cufflinks. !!). This feature is at least on the mobile site, if not the actual website too.

Comment

Too many people are mentioning ThinkGeek! What is with the ad I now have in the top right corner of the page selling Canned Unicorn Meat? xD Definitely also check out Etsy. Lots of nerdy things there. Speaking of Valentines... *runs off*

"My arms will be your prison" - My Boyfriend [♥] Our LDR Blog!

Started Talking - October 2012
                    Started Dating - 08.11.12
                    First Meeting - 08.12.13 - 39 days together
                    Second Meeting - 16.12.15 - 31 days together

Rosetta Stone Progress
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    22 / 60

Comment

Originally posted by SmileyK View Post
                      Too many people are mentioning ThinkGeek! What is with the ad I now have in the top right corner of the page selling Canned Unicorn Meat? xD Definitely also check out Etsy. Lots of nerdy things there. Speaking of Valentines... *runs off*
                      I was wondering if that ad happened to anyone else!
                      So, here you are
                      too foreign for home
                      too foreign for here.
                      Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

you can also check out hot topic and spencers as both places sell things along the lines of some of those fandoms ya'll are into.

Treasuretrooper <-- how I helped pay for some of my LDR expenses when I was in one.

Comment

I completely agree with the crowd. Thinkgeek is the best website for nerdy cute items! But if time is not on your side, I would resort to DIY!

Get a clay pot and paint it like a Tardis and fill it with his favorite candies and love notes!

Comment

I love ThinkGeek! It's a great website for geeky presets. I use it all the time for basically every holiday.
                            "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love " ~ Theodore Seuss Geisel.

Comment

Me and my SO met on a Scifi forum, it was not them but, Gateworld.com has thousands of global members that are self described geeks. You could ask from plenty of fellow geeks for some ideas and there might even be a thread over there for it. Syfy.com has a big forum too. For my SO's Christmas present in 2012. I kickstarted a new game for him. It got him early access to be a Alpha and Beta tester as well as a private backer's only forum along with a T-Shirt and a copy of the finished game when done. He loved it. You might be able to find some other Geeky Kickstarter with cool perks and best thing of all, it was all online and pretty much instant.
                              "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
                              Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                              X