Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a long distance relationship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bethyylovee View Post
    I would NOT change a moment of mine and Stephen's relationship for a moment. I wouldn't change how we met or fell in love or made everything work. It's been a beautiful experience.

All of that being said, I wouldn't wish an LDR on my worst enemy. It's so hard sometimes when all you need is a simple hug and you can't even have that. I slump into about a week long depression after visits that make it hard to even get out of bed.

I don't think anyone LOOKS for an LDR. I sure as heck didn't. It was just trusted into my lap. I would've given my all to Stephen even if he were an alien on another planet because I was crazy about him. However, our relationship would have been substantially easier if he lived close.

My point is, go looking for love, not miles.
    HUNDRED PERCENT AGREE !!! I love my SO, love every single word he sends me and every pic he shares, anyhows, it is the time we spend together that I consider the happiest. When thinking about why to get intentionaly involved in LDR, I can only think of people with different cultural background being probably more interesting, but people usually fall in love with someone for different qualities than this one.

Comment

Originally posted by bethyylovee View Post
      I would NOT change a moment of mine and Stephen's relationship for a moment. I wouldn't change how we met or fell in love or made everything work. It's been a beautiful experience.

All of that being said, I wouldn't wish an LDR on my worst enemy. It's so hard sometimes when all you need is a simple hug and you can't even have that. I slump into about a week long depression after visits that make it hard to even get out of bed.

I don't think anyone LOOKS for an LDR. I sure as heck didn't. It was just trusted into my lap. I would've given my all to Stephen even if he were an alien on another planet because I was crazy about him. However, our relationship would have been substantially easier if he lived close.

My point is, go looking for love, not miles.
      This and most of what everyone else is saying. Who would ever look for a ldr? It's too hard. Most of us find it by accident. I'm very thankful for my SO and glad we met. I'd do it all again, but I would never look for another ldr if something happened to us. If you are looking for a relationship, try an online dating site.

Comment

Am I the only one who thinks LDR's aren't all that bad? Don't get me wrong, they do suck, especially when you can't close the distance for many years. The heartbreak after each visit doesn't get any easier.

BUT. There are way way worse things to happen than meeting someone you love and who loves you and being separated by a certain amount of miles

I don't mean OP doesn't come off as weird for willingly wanting to get into a LDR (sorry dude, but you really do) but LDR's aren't "something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy)
        I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by TwoThree View Post
          Am I the only one who thinks LDR's aren't all that bad? Don't get me wrong, they do suck, especially when you can't close the distance for many years. The heartbreak after each visit doesn't get any easier.

BUT. There are way way worse things to happen than meeting someone you love and who loves you and being separated by a certain amount of miles

I don't mean OP doesn't come off as weird for willingly wanting to get into a LDR (sorry dude, but you really do) but LDR's aren't "something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy)

Completely agree, there are way worse things than an LDR, it's just not that bad.
          Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by TwoThree View Post

Yes! When we were LD, of course there were challenges but it wasn't so bad and it was a real growing experience for us.

OP: If you want a guaranteed LDR, you could sign up for a prison pen pals website. Or just widen the geographical range on any dating site.

Comment

I think definitely check out the threads about how people met. There are so many different ways to meet people from all over the world and it would be impossible to really recommend any one way. You can search for people in various locations (countries, states, etc.) on some dating sites. I usually meet a lot of people from different parts of the world when I join a forum on something I enjoy, play global multiplayer games online, or blog on tumblr... but really, the variety is endless.
              Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
              Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
              Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

Working...
              X