We are taking things VERY SLOW!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are taking things VERY SLOW!

My so and I had a long conversation last Thursday about the Skype conversation we had a couple weeks ago and we both decided to take things very slow right now. We both are still in love with each other, and cannot picture life without each other. However, we both need to work on ourselves and improve some things before we can start dating again. We don't want to rush into anything, because if we do it can hurt us and break us like it did in the past. During the phone conversation, we confessed some problems and issues we are dealing with and we are going to help each other get through them by just being there for each other. We both agreed that when we see each other again we are going to sit and talk everything out, like we planned before. My so and I want to live in the same state so we can date again and officially be together. My so has a few more months until he's done with school, when he is I am going to help him find a place near where I live and another job. This time around we are both on the same page, and our communication is getting better and I'm glad because we both don't want to lose each other ever again!

Good luck to you

Comment

That is so great! Good luck with everything and I wish you two the best!

Comment

Good luck to you! I think you made a good decision.. basically I'm a huge advocate for taking things as slow as you need them to be. I feel like rushing things tends to end up with more consequences.. if you can take things slowly, you can spot things that need to be fixed before they end up exploding on you.. or something like that. Anyways good luck, I hope it all works out great.

Comment

Best of luck to you! I hope you are both able to work through your individual issues and improve on whatever you need to improve on. I think taking things slow is the best way to go to avoid problems later on.
          Our love story:
          Attended the same high school 2004-2007
          Dated CD: June 2009-July 2010
          Reconnected: August 2012
          Began dating LD: November 2012
          Engaged! March 2014
          Closing the distance: December 2015

Comment

I'm glad you are communicating better. I hope it works out.

Comment

Define slow

First Visit: September 2016
              Second Visit: January 2017 (Her birthday)
              Third Visit: June 2018 (medical conference near her home)

John 3:16
              For God so loved the world. That he gave his only begotten son. For whosoever believeth in him. Shall not perish but have eternal life
              John 4:12
              I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

When I say slow I mean we are not rushing into a relationship at the moment. We are rebuilding our friendship and trust and want to remain friends until we are ready to take that next step in our relationship.

Comment

Originally posted by bribri2729 View Post
                  When I say slow I mean we are not rushing into a relationship at the moment. We are rebuilding our friendship and trust and want to remain friends until we are ready to take that next step in our relationship.
                  Ok, Rebuilding the relationship.

First Visit: September 2016
                  Second Visit: January 2017 (Her birthday)
                  Third Visit: June 2018 (medical conference near her home)

John 3:16
                  For God so loved the world. That he gave his only begotten son. For whosoever believeth in him. Shall not perish but have eternal life
                  John 4:12
                  I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

Originally posted by squeeker View Post
                    Good luck to you! I think you made a good decision.. basically I'm a huge advocate for taking things as slow as you need them to be. I feel like rushing things tends to end up with more consequences.. if you can take things slowly, you can spot things that need to be fixed before they end up exploding on you.. or something like that. Anyways good luck, I hope it all works out great.
                    Sometimes I wish we had taken it slow. He said we should, but we never have. So, it does get complicated sometimes, but we still manage to get over the bumps in the road. Our relationship keeps evolving as we do, always closer, always with more love and understanding between us.

TWO HEARTS BEATING AS ONE, LOVE BRIGHTER THAN THE SUN...

Nothing Can Keep Us Apart, Safe In Each Other's Heart

Comment

My SO and I took it very slowly at the beginning of our relationship and I've always said it's the best decision we've ever made. It really helped us learn about each other and trust each other. I hope it is the same for you two. Also, it's important to remember you're still young and have so much time ahead of you, there is no need to rush! Best of luck to you and your SO
                      started dating: 12/08/12
                      "i love you": 04/12/13
                      el paso: 07/24/13 - 08/05/13
                      montreal: 12/13/13 - 01/03/14
                      el paso: 01/05/14 - 01/19/14
                      montreal: 05/30/14 - 07/27/14
                      el paso: 07/27/14 - 08/18/14
                      el paso: 12/27/14 - 01/16/15
                      el paso: 06/02/15 - 08/17/15
                      san antonio: 02/04/16 - 02/08/16
                      san antonio/el paso: 06/03/16 - 06/21/16

Comment