Baking for your SO.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baking for your SO.

I'm sorry if this has been asked before.

So my SO and I bought two mixes, one cookies and one brownie mix and we never got to make them when he left. I was going to make them, and send him some. It would only take a day to get to him, but is it safe to send him food like this?

Safe isn't really the word, but would it just be a huge mess by the time they get to him? Has any-one any tips on how to send them nice and neatly?

Thank you in advance!
    [CENTER]

I've had baked goods shipped to me before just fine. Just pack them really well, maybe with an ice pack or gel pack and in a box padded with newspaper.

Comment

I've sent baked stuff to Frank before. Just make sure it is tightly packed because if you give the cookies too much room, they'll move around and get shaken around too much and will be broken and not as nice looking when he receives them.
      Read my LDR story!
      Facebook
      Instagram

Comment

I'm pretty sure two days would be fine, I've eaten week old cookies before...=P.
        Just make sure you seal and pack them well. Maybe a ziplock bag and then put that into a tupperware container? I'm sure that would be good =)
        This little girl's heart is California bound.

Comment

Thank you all so much! Great tips, looking forward to making these now
          [CENTER]

Comment

Yummy!!!

Comment

Make sure pack them tightly Have fun baking!

Comment

I agree with the tips above! The key is keeping as much air out as possible and packing them tightly so they don't move too much. This site outlines a good way to pack the cookies:
                https://www.cookieclubrecipes.com/mailingcookies.htm

I'm sure he'll love them!

Comment

Working...
                X