Surprise Visit in My Future?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surprise Visit in My Future?

The boyfriend is notorious for his surprise visits. This is mainly because he flies for free, but it's standby boarding so he only flies if there is a seat available. Sometimes he doesn't want to get my hopes up if he thinks he may not make it home so he just doesn't tell me he's coming. I LOVE IT! I'm am half expecting him to surprise me with a visit for Valentine's Day. He can't ask for time off at his job so he has to get other people to cover his shifts, and he's been working a lot of shifts for other people the last few days so I'm thinking he's doing it for them so they'll do it for him to be able to come home. I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but it just seems like something he would do. It would be really nice to have an actual date on V-Day rather than Facetiming and watching a movie on Netflix. Fingers crossed!
    Ignore the Newbie status. This is a new account created by a once very active LFAD member and veteran long-distance lover. After several months away from the site, I'm back!
    Old account name: Rach92g
    This Is Us
    Became A Couple: Friday, May 25th, 2007
    Close Distance: May 2007 - June 2010
    Long Distance (Georgia to California): June 2010 - February 2015
    Long Distance (Georgia to Tennessee): February 2015 - Present
    Got Engaged: May 8, 2015
    Closing The Distance: ?

-Fingers and toes crossed- but please dont get our hopes up too high, then it'll only lead to disappointment on vday if he's not there.

Comment

*Fingers crossed* I hope he makes it over to you. But you're right to not get your hopes up too high.. though I know that's hard to do.. but just enjoy it if he does and if he can't this V-Day, enjoy facetime and netflix and I'm sure he'll make it down on a day you will expect even less... :P Have fun either way!

Comment

I hope he will be able to make it especially since the holiday is on a Friday! I wouldn't get my hopes up too high in case it doesn't happen. Facetime and netflix will be a nuce date and you can always celebrate the holiday at a later time in person too. I hope you will have fun either outcome!
        Our love story:
        Attended the same high school 2004-2007
        Dated CD: June 2009-July 2010
        Reconnected: August 2012
        Began dating LD: November 2012
        Engaged! March 2014
        Closing the distance: December 2015

Comment

I hope your intuition is right. I would make sure not to expect too much too because it would definitely take the wind out of your sails if it didn't work out. All in all, on a day about love, no matter where he is you have someone to love.

Comment

Working...
          X