Best Thing Your SO has ever done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Thing Your SO has ever done

I was thinking about all the great things that my SO and I have done for one another, whether it be the gifts or just something sweet and considerate that they planned.
    And I'm curious to know hear about everyone's stories. Feel free to include something you have done also. =)
    The best thing my SO ever did for me was he took me to downtown Verona, and drove me aaall the way up to his favorite place he goes to.
    It was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. ANd I felt so special that he shared that with me.
    sigpic
    Met August 2012
    Official Nov. 18 2012
    Visited him in Italy August 8 2013
    He's visiting April 7-28 2014
    I visited: Aug. 26-Sept. 25 2014

It was our first trip together abroad and we had gone to Paris (almost four years ago). I was wearing boots with relatively high heels (we've all done stupid stuff at some point in our lives) and it was the third day of our stay, and by then every step I took was pure agony. We were at the Père-Lachaise cemetary and I just couldn't go on anymore so we sat on a bench and he insisted on rubbing my feet, through socks that I had been wearing all day long. I kept insisting that it was gross, but he didn't care. Later he left me at the bench and went to take a picture of Oscar Wilde's grave just because I wanted one.

<3
    I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

My list would sound corny to most of you, I'm sure, but I am thankful for all the ways my SO shows his love. The best thing he did for me was meet me for a visit. It wasn't easy or cheap for him to do. Also, he had given me a shirt of his to sleep with. I mailed it back to him, so he could wear it some more and get his wonderful smell back on it. He immediately sent me a substitute, so I wouldn't have to go without a shirt of his for any length of time. He has also written me a couple of wonderful love letters, and he doesn't like to write at all. He does this for me, though. He's given me a couple of really nice gifts, too - a new camera and a new computer; both of mine tore up. He's always wanting to help me. He makes sure to take time to Skype me almost every day, even when he's tired and been busy. He watches out for me and has my back.

Whatever I ask for, he tries to do. Thanks to the recommendations here, I really wanted to try a Skype sleepover. It rocked! He had trouble with having any light on and I wanted to see him, so, he went out and bought an eye mask!!! We're planning on another sleepover for Valentine's.

He and I talked about the meaning of flowers and the various colors. I mentioned that I liked orange roses for us, because orange stands for passion and is also a blending of red for love and yellow for friendship. He then sent me a dozen orange roses. I dried them and still have them. He thinks he's not mushy-gushy!!!

Comment

Awwwwwww Piratemama!

My SO is wonderful. All the little things, like if I'm coming home late he wants me to text him when I'm home to know I'm home safely. He looks after me He SPOILS me with gifts, big and small, and also the kids. He has been also giving me his shirts to sleep in. Each time we meet I return the old one washed and get a new one with his smell on it. He spoils me and treats me good. I wasn't used to a guy paying for things like when you go out to eat, etc. In Finland you usually go dutch.

He texts me good night every night, we chat every work morning for about 10-20 mins. He skypes everyday (except now when the internet is not working his end). He listens to me and takes an interest even in the mundane things in my life. And asks me every single day how am I. He is truly a keeper.

Big things he has done, just to mention a few: booked a weekend for us (the first time I came over) at this place in the woods, we had our own villa, and then there were lots of activities to do: swimming pool with lots of different pools, restaurants, sporst place...
        He has picked me up and taken me back to the airport every single time (it's a 1,5 to 3 hours drive one way).

I feel like I am bragging, sorry!

Comment

There has been so many lovely things my SO has done for me.. My favorites are little things like love notes left hidden when we have to leave each other.. or calling me cos he was worried.
          The best big thing he's done so far is two years running he's planned for us to be somewhere amazing together at new years eve..

I think the best present he brought me was a star for Christmas.. I brought him one for his birthday so he got me one in the same place roughly (Orions belt)

He spoils me too much and one day soon i'll be able to spoil him

Comment

He entered a polygamous relationship that went against all his plans, just because he loves me. If that is not love then I don't know what is. Some days he makes me mad with his questions and doubts, most days he will just go : I miss you. Say good night to your husband. And the feeling of sitting in his arms skyping with my husband, and talking over our relationship the three of us, is priceless.

The best non -sexual stuff : taking me to the stone beach where all the Turks go. We watched the ocean and listened to the waves. Another time we went on a boat trip, a small tourist treat and it felt so romantic. I think there is a water theme here... I hope by the end of the year he will show me the waterfalls of his home town.
            I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
            - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Tonight was probably the cutest thing he's ever done,

We had a vegie platter out and he put one cherry tomato in each of my hands (they're my favorite) and every time i would eat one, he'd replace it so I would always have two in my hands!

Comment

There's just so many...his romantic gestures are endless. I'll go with a big one-When I moved here, he flew out to "pick me up" and bring me back with him. He only got to stay for a week, which is an incredibly short visit for such an expensive plane ticket. On top of that were hotel fees and everything else. But he wanted to show my family and friends (and me) that he was committed to us and would do whatever was needed to make me comfortable with the move. While he was there, we had a loss in my family and it helped having him around. He also had to deal with me having breakdowns, being afraid of the move. He was a rock star the whole time. I appreciated it more than he knows.

Met online: 1/30/11
                Met in person: 5/30/12
                Second visit: 9/12/12
                Closed the distance: 1/26/13!!!

Comment

He's an artist and he draws things for me....

He sent me CDs of music he loves...

When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.

True love does not worry about the distance between, for the heart and soul travels through one's words

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.

1 universe, 9 planets, 7 continents, 194 countries, 50 states and 10 provinces...and I had the privilege to meet you.

Comment

The best thing my SO has ever done for me is, show me unconditional love.

First Visit: September 2016
                    Second Visit: January 2017 (Her birthday)
                    Third Visit: June 2018 (medical conference near her home)

John 3:16
                    For God so loved the world. That he gave his only begotten son. For whosoever believeth in him. Shall not perish but have eternal life
                    John 4:12
                    I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

He mustered enough courage to come see me, in a foreign country he's never visited before, with a language he doesn't speak or has even heard before and staying with people he's never met before.

We didn't exchange Christmas presents at Christmas this years since I had his shipped to his house and it wasn't practical for him to bring it with him to Finland where he and his family celebrated Christmas ( ) so we were going to exchange presents when I came over in January. He picked me up at the airport and in the car I was talking about how I wish we had more time to go south to Devon or something similar for a weekend or so (I've been taking about doing that for about a year now) but that it's ok and I realise we can't necessarily manage that with his school schedule. When we got home and were about to exchange Christmas presents he says he doesn't really have a physical present for me (I had ruined his last present idea of a sewing machine since I said I will probably get one for my graduation) but that in two days time we are meant to be in Dorset in a small guesthouse he has booked for us for two nights Needless to say I was thrilled
                      We part only to meet again ~ J.Gay

Comment

I feel the way he proposed was just amazing. He took his time and weeks from his time to make me a scrap book from the day we met to our last trip together. It was just very sweet. When I was done looking at the scrapbook he told me he loved me and always will then be got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. It was just very cute

Comment

He's done many great things for me, it's hard to choose. I'd say my favorite one is him putting me to bed, covering up, and making me some hot tea when I wasn't feeling well. He hugged me and held me until I fell asleep.

Comment

I wear my SO's shirts to bed (when he is and isnt home). It makes me feel better when he isn't there. So, for Valentine's Day (we celebrated early) we mailed each other care packages and in mine he sent me 6 of his shirts each individually packed in freezer baggies that said "so my baby can sleep good at night", so they smelt like him until I used it. It warmed my heart and made me cry a little. Also, sent me a Navy teddy bear with his on it

Comment

When I got home from my first 2 mile run in months tonight, there were flowers waiting for me in the kitchen. Hot pink and white flowers. And now we're looking over our finances.

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
                              Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
                              Progress: Working on it.

Comment

Working...
                              X