Lonelier than usual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lonelier than usual

I've been feeling a bit lonelier than usual. My SO is out of the country this whole month. At first, we weren't sure if we'd be able to talk or message. Thankfully, he misses me just as much as I miss him so he's called every day. We also message daily. I can't wait for him to be back though. Somehow it's just easier knowing we are at least in the same country. I try to stay busy and not think about how far away he really is. Some days are just harder than the others. We are both ready to close the distance, but we must be patient.
    Rant over

Yeah I guess that's something we all face. It's nice when we can at least talk to our SOs every day and we just have to be happy for what we have. But those times when it's harder always come up every now and again. But patience is key so stay strong!

Comment

I know exactly what you mean. I felt the same way, when my SO was on a week-long cruise. I moped and felt sorry for myself. Even though internet is expensive on a cruise, he made sure to email me a few times, and he even called from the islands!!! That was special and helped some. He sent me a tracking site for his ship, so you know I kept my eye on it the whole time. It was a very good feeling for him to get back to the US.

Hope you find a way to make it through...

Comment

Originally posted by piratemama View Post
        I know exactly what you mean. I felt the same way, when my SO was on a week-long cruise. I moped and felt sorry for myself. Even though internet is expensive on a cruise, he made sure to email me a few times, and he even called from the islands!!! That was special and helped some. He sent me a tracking site for his ship, so you know I kept my eye on it the whole time. It was a very good feeling for him to get back to the US.

Hope you find a way to make it through...
        I was on the opposite end of the spectrum here. When I went on a cruise my sweetheart nearly lost it not being able to talk to me. I missed him too, don't get me wrong, but at least I was on vacation and I could enjoy myself. I felt guilty that it was because of me that we weren't talking, but it was kind of nice to have that time to miss each other. I took a journal with me and wrote in it every night so that he would know everything that I did on my vacation. He seemed to really appreciate that. We then turned it into something more, so now we trade the journal back and forth, writing to each other while we are apart.

But I do understand that being in different countries does some how make things a bit harder. Sending hugs your way!
        Ignore the Newbie status. This is a new account created by a once very active LFAD member and veteran long-distance lover. After several months away from the site, I'm back!
        Old account name: Rach92g
        This Is Us
        Became A Couple: Friday, May 25th, 2007
        Close Distance: May 2007 - June 2010
        Long Distance (Georgia to California): June 2010 - February 2015
        Long Distance (Georgia to Tennessee): February 2015 - Present
        Got Engaged: May 8, 2015
        Closing The Distance: ?

Comment

My so is already in a different country... But I feel perhaps some of what you feel when he travels; somehow it is easier if I know he stays where we met /I have been before. Right now he is with family and it is strange because we talked about going there together and I feel out of control. I can imagine that if you are not used to your so being abroad that may give an uneasy feeling. Good that he will be able to stay in contact with you.
          I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
          - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I went to Senegal within 6 months of being officially together for a fortnight, and that really upset him. I had prepared him for no/very little communication though by writing him 17 letters, one for each day I was gone and 3 extra in case we would be delayed returning. I too kept a diary for the entire time, that also helped cushion the blow from coming from -5 degrees centigrade to +40 during dry season I had a blast though and since my SO travels a lot with his family too (less and less since we passed our one year mark and I have finally come to terms with going with them) so it was good practise for us, and I think we came out stronger too
            We part only to meet again ~ J.Gay

Comment

It's good you guys can still talk. Sometimes my fiancé goes to china with his dad since his dad is a pilot and knowing he is there not only worries me but makes it harder cuz we can only talk maybe once a day. And with the time difference it's harder.

Comment

Originally posted by itsjen516 View Post
                It's good you guys can still talk. Sometimes my fiancé goes to china with his dad since his dad is a pilot and knowing he is there not only worries me but makes it harder cuz we can only talk maybe once a day. And with the time difference it's harder.
                My SO is training to become an airline pilot!
                Ignore the Newbie status. This is a new account created by a once very active LFAD member and veteran long-distance lover. After several months away from the site, I'm back!
                Old account name: Rach92g
                This Is Us
                Became A Couple: Friday, May 25th, 2007
                Close Distance: May 2007 - June 2010
                Long Distance (Georgia to California): June 2010 - February 2015
                Long Distance (Georgia to Tennessee): February 2015 - Present
                Got Engaged: May 8, 2015
                Closing The Distance: ?

Comment

Thanks everyone! The part that helps me get through all of this is knowing that we will begin planning on closing the distance and can hopefully make it happen by the end of the year! Yay!

Comment

Working...
                  X