Fate brought us together.... FINALLY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fate brought us together.... FINALLY

This is the quixotic story of how after 7 years, I finally nabbed the man of my dreams. Matt & Elaina together forever!<3

We met in high school. He was a year older, hotter, and definitely out of my league. We really bonded when I met up with him at Joshuafest, which is like a big Christian Woodstock. We had a blast together for the weekend running around and causing problems. We've always been the kind of people to do the most nerve-racking things. Although he confided in me that he was interested in another girl (of course), but I liked him so much already that I wanted to do anything to get in his good graces more, so stupidly I helped him go after this girl. After Joshuafest, we hung out at school a few times, but then I got a boyfriend since Matt was clearly not interested. Matt graduated and moved, and when I graduated I moved to the nearest big city for college, which happened to be out of state, in Northern Nevada.

One magical day, I turned the corner leaving my dormitory and low and behold, the sexiest man ever was ALSO turning the corner. I couldn't believe that we were in the same room! I honestly never thought I was going to see him again. He seemed just as excited. So we exchanged numbers and hung out a few times. Each time we hung out was the best time of my life. I couldn't believe someone could be so fun! We would spend our time playing pool, going off-roading, we'd also try sitting at the slot machines and playing slots to see how long it'd take the attendants to ID us. Always our time was full of exhilaration and fun. So it was completely a blindside when he ended things right before Spring Break. he later told me he felt I was too innocent for him. How insulting! First guys don't want to be with sluts and now I'm not slutty enough? That was infuriating, but I eventually moved on.

We didn't talk again until the fall, and even though I thought I'd moved on, my heart still lept when I saw his name. This time our dates were just as exhilarating, but they had a much heavier emphasis on the romance aspect. We'd go off-roading and then spend hours under the stars over-looking the city playing Truth or Dare. We actually shared our first kiss under a meteor shower! I introduced him to my friends, and even they liked his firery spirit and how we were together. THEN out of the blue one day, he ended it again. Later I found out it was because he was really scared. He had just moved out on his own, landed a good paying job, and saw a real future in our relationship. I found out that he had some growing up to do, and he also felt I did too.

By this point I then wanted nothing to do with the heartbreaker! I felt he was well aware of how I felt about him, and was enjoying just toying with me. I went home for the summer only to find out I couldn't go back to school because they had too many incoming freshman. My new plan was then to move to central california, but I was going to be in the area for a week that summer due to my friend's wedding. I contacted him and let him know I'd be around if he wanted to hang out again. The first thing I told him was that I was moving, and he genuinely seemed upset about it. (Score for Elaina!) It seemed to instill the fire in him to REALLY want to spend time with me that week, so I literally saw him every day. He even invited me camping with his family, where we snuck away to the lake and went skinny dipping. After the wedding and the week was over, I moved to central california. He was on the way to southern california to visit his best friend and made it a point to stop by and see me. it was a very short visit, and very sexual, although at this point in our relationship we'd still never done the deed. which I think is a bit significant in today's age.

That visit was in 2010 and it was the very last time I was going to see him for 3 years. The next time I talked to him, he had a girlfriend, and I'm almost certain I told him I hated him. I ended up dating a few people, but never had a relationship that lasted. Then in 2011, I did get a boyfriend. This boy was my official rebound to get over Matt. I dated him for 2 years and it was mostly rocky and terrible with several breakups within the two years. Also, although Matt and I were seeing other people, we never really ended contact. The only reason he stopped talking to me was because I told him I hated him, but I don't think he ever felt the same. Because of my rocky relationship that I was trying to use as a rebound, Matt would frequently get late night drunken phone calls which he would ALWAYS answer. Sometimes I wouldn't know I called until the next day when he texted me about it. EMBARRASSING!

Eventually one day we were talking, and it was at the point where I was about to break up with my then boyfriend for good. Matt had mentioned something about wanting to see me, "Pick a day," he had said. I remember telling him, "It doesn't work that easy." and he assured me that it did. So I picked a Saturday 2 months down the road, October 12, 2013, and we planned for his visit. I broke up with my boyfriend, and spent the rest of the time talking to Matt on the phone for 4-6 hours at a time, or all day texts. Before I knew it, it was time! I couldn't believe it! I was so excited that I actually cleaned my room! As time got closer, we planned that if things went well he was going to stay the entire week.

Well when he first arrived things were incredibly awkward, we hadn't been around each other for so long! But eventually we both warmed up to each other again and had an amazing time. AND during this visit was the first time we did the deed. He also told me he loved me! We've been together ever since. He ended up staying the week with me and we made some amazing memories. The next month I went up to him and spent a week with him and his family for Thanksgiving. And then the next month we met in the middle in San Francisco to spend New Year's Eve on a yacht. I haven't seen him since then. But we are moving to LA together on May 1st! I can't wait to close the distance! I knew when I met him that he was something special, it just took him a while to realize too!

Thanks for listening!

What a cute story! I'm glad things worked out for you two.

Comment

That is awesome! Congratulations and I wish you two the best!

Comment

Thank you guys! it means a lot that you read it! also, the jar in your signature gave me an idea to send to him! so thanks for that too!

Comment

I love happy love stories like this where the girl and boy finally get together

Comment

Working...
          X