My worst nightmare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My worst nightmare

I wrote the wrong fricken' house number on the package I sent my boyfriend today...the first ever package I've ever sent...and I messed up
    It was supposed to be 5591 but i put 51591...I'm freaking out like...
    What's going to happen now...I mean I got the area code and city and state and street number and obviously his name all right but the house number...It doesn't exist ;(
    What do I doooo
    How does the mail process go? Will it ever get to the mailperson that delivers mail to his street? My boyfriend says she knows the mailperson pretty well...And the mailperson knows his name so is it possible for the package to make it to him?
    I really really don't want it to be sent back to my home address...If my mom finds out I'm dead meat seriously...

I'd call the post office you sent it out from first thing in the morning and let them know of the mistake usually if it hasn't been sent out yet they'll either hold the package and let you fix it or they'll fix it for you.

Treasuretrooper <-- how I helped pay for some of my LDR expenses when I was in one.

Comment

Originally posted by Riyko View Post
      I'd call the post office you sent it out from first thing in the morning and let them know of the mistake usually if it hasn't been sent out yet they'll either hold the package and let you fix it or they'll fix it for you.
      Yeah I called the postoffice...They said it was too late because the guy came in and took my package away already ;-;
      She said if they can't find out the address was written wrong (a.k.a doesn't exist) they'll have to send it back to my house which I'm sooo scared of...

Comment

Oh no!! I hope that it gets to your boyfriend's street and the mail person recognizes your boyfriend's name!! That would be amazing. Try not to worry about it, what's done is done. Are you worried about your mom finding out because she doesn't know about him yet? Or because she might ask what you sent and it's private? Maybe it will be a good time to have a conversation with her about what your boyfriend means to you. Though hopefully it doesn't happen like that so you can ask him on his own terms.. I'm just saying.. I know sending a card to my boyfriend was how I told my mom about him (though he was just a friend at this time). And then it might make it easier.. but it will also depend on what kind of person your mom is I guess! I hope things work okay though and your boyfriend gets the package anyways!

Comment

Having it being sent back to your place is probably what is going to happen, but it all depends on the country.
          In Austria my packages and letters arrive even if I put the wrong house number, as long as the zip code is right. My friend from germany told me they have gotten letters without any street number or zip code, just the last name and city was enough.

Good luck!

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
          First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
          Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
          Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
          Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
          Married: 1/24/2015
          Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

I've done that before. Thankfully it was sent to the lady across the street and my SO went to knock on her door. lol Unfortunately, if your package doesn't have tracking, where they can probably stop it in its tracks, I think it will most likely be sent back to you.

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
            Married April 18th, 2015!!
            Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

Originally posted by squeeker View Post
              Oh no!! I hope that it gets to your boyfriend's street and the mail person recognizes your boyfriend's name!! That would be amazing. Try not to worry about it, what's done is done. Are you worried about your mom finding out because she doesn't know about him yet? Or because she might ask what you sent and it's private? Maybe it will be a good time to have a conversation with her about what your boyfriend means to you. Though hopefully it doesn't happen like that so you can ask him on his own terms.. I'm just saying.. I know sending a card to my boyfriend was how I told my mom about him (though he was just a friend at this time). And then it might make it easier.. but it will also depend on what kind of person your mom is I guess! I hope things work okay though and your boyfriend gets the package anyways!
              I think my boyfriend's maillady knows his name >_< Hopefully she will give it to him.
              And oh gawd about the mom thing- I've posted other threads regarding my mom xD She will never ever ever accept my relationship with my boyfriend I made the mistake of being too careless and she found out. I got grounded and emotionally/physically abused for a year last time. And we broke up once and I told my mom but I haven't told her that we are back together again so this is very scary for me ;-;

Originally posted by snow View Post
              Having it being sent back to your place is probably what is going to happen, but it all depends on the country.
              In Austria my packages and letters arrive even if I put the wrong house number, as long as the zip code is right. My friend from germany told me they have gotten letters without any street number or zip code, just the last name and city was enough.

Good luck!
              Ohmygoodness there's hope thank you! *cries*

Originally posted by Mims27 View Post
              I've done that before. Thankfully it was sent to the lady across the street and my SO went to knock on her door. lol Unfortunately, if your package doesn't have tracking, where they can probably stop it in its tracks, I think it will most likely be sent back to you.
              I have tracking on it! I'm going crazy checking the tracking like every minute to see where it is >_< It just left Canada now and is in transit *hyperventilates*

Comment

Your mother hits you repeatedly for disagreing over your boyfriend? And how can she "ground" you? - you are an adult, not a small child, even if you share her hoouse.
                I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Originally posted by differentcountries View Post
                  And how can she "ground" you? - you are an adult, not a small child, even if you share her hoouse.
                  I was wondering the same thing too?

Comment

Originally posted by TooFarAway View Post
                    I think my boyfriend's maillady knows his name >_< Hopefully she will give it to him.
                    And oh gawd about the mom thing- I've posted other threads regarding my mom xD She will never ever ever accept my relationship with my boyfriend I made the mistake of being too careless and she found out. I got grounded and emotionally/physically abused for a year last time. And we broke up once and I told my mom but I haven't told her that we are back together again so this is very scary for me ;-;
                    Okay I hope she gets the package to him! Aww I might have missed those threads/didn't realize you were the same person because I'm not that observant sometimes. Aww that doesn't sound nice at all! Your mom sounds really strict especially with you being an adult like your age says (same age as me!). That is scary then. Your mom doesn't sound like a very understanding person. I hope the package gets to your boyfriend no problem.. and I also hope that maybe you can move out soon or something so you don't have to worry as much about your mom and maybe she will be more understanding that you are growing up and can have a boyfriend and she will be able to trust your instincts when it comes to relationships and things. Good luck!

Comment

Oh my gosh, I'm sorry this happened to you. I know you are scared to death. I'm very sorry you have those issues with your mother, too. It's easy for us to say that you are old enough to get out and not tolerate that, but I have been in a similar situation at your age. My mother was very controlling and verbally abusive, yet I stayed in her home most of the time until I married at the age of 28. She tried to control whom I dated, too, and we fought all the time about that. It was because she wanted all my money which I had to give to her. No one could understand why I took what I did, but sometimes you feel trapped. Please try to find a way to get out on your own as soon as you can. Just reading this thread brought back some painful memories for me, so I'm hurting for you. I can almost feel your heart beat faster and faster.

On the mail thing...it might not come back to you. In my area of the country, the post office works really hard to deliver mail. As long as the package has the right name and zip code, it can probably be delivered. The same post office as his will receive it and will most likely hunt for his right address. It will especially get their attention since the address you used doesn't exist. I'm sure things like that happen all the time. It depends on how good a day the postal worker is having. I do hope it gets to him. Maybe he could call his post office and ask them to look for it???

Good luck.

Comment

Aw thank you for your concern everyone >_< Yeah even if I'm technically an adult, she controls most of my life, because I do share the same roof unfortunately xD
                        The physical/emotional abuse has stopped now It stopped as soon as I said we were broken up so don't worry too much about it.

But an update: My boyfriend just talked to his maillady today and she said she'll definitely get the package and give it to him She knows his full name so she'll know it's for him >u< (Thank goodness omg)

Comment

Aw thank you for your concern everyone >_< Yeah even if I'm technically an adult, she controls most of my life, because I do share the same roof unfortunately xD
                          The physical/emotional abuse has stopped now It stopped as soon as I said we were broken up so don't worry too much about it.

But an update: My boyfriend just talked to his maillady today and she said she'll definitely get the package and give it to him She knows his full name so she'll know it's for him >u< (Thank goodness omg)
                          Aww okay that is good that she isn't abusing you about it anymore now at least! She was probably worried about you and was taking it to an extreme as some parents can be I guess. I'm pretty lucky with my parents I think. That is so great that your boyfriend could talk to his mail lady and explain it and she will look out for the package! That is such a relief, so it should definitely get to him then, that is good to hear.

Comment

Good to hear about the package, still I worry about you taking your mother trying to control your life so lightly. Nothing has "stopped", in fact you are still lying to her to fence off her abuse.
                            I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                            - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Awesome! I am happy that your package will arrive after all
                              When it comes to your mom - been there. If you want to talk about, you can send me a PM!

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
                              First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
                              Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
                              Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
                              Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
                              Married: 1/24/2015
                              Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Working...
                              X