No announcement yet.

My worst nightmare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually that happend to me. When I was living in Florida my friend sent me something From NY and I gave her the wrong address. I put eveything correct except the complex address and it still got to me. I was also freaking out so usally they see it's a mistake and get it to you anyway

Comment

People get our address wrong all the time (A random house name, even random street names) but we still get all the post. My older brothers dad has our address down wrong and every year sends a xmas card with a totally wrong house name and street but we still get it (unfortunately) - so im sure it'll get there fine!! It helps that your bf's maillady knows to look out for it As far as i know, as long as the postcode (ZIP?) is right, and the street, and at least resembles the actual house name/number they normally get there perfectly fine if the mail person knows the area well. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you :P

Comment

Good to hear the package will get to him. Most postal workers want to get the mail delivered.

I'm glad you aren't in immediate danger with your mother, too, but we will all worry about you. It's still not good for you. Please try to do something different. Does your SO have any ideas? Does he know what you are going through with your mother?

Comment

Thank you so much for your responses and concern and support and reassurance. <3

The mom situation..I really don't know any other way to deal with it other than get my degree, get a job then move out xD She won't have any control over me once I leave and become independent ...So I'm just holding on for now >_<

Comment

I just fint it strange... But I don't know your financial situation, students don't really live with their parents in Norway, it is almost never heard of.
            Last edited by differentcountries; February 20, 2014, 04:55 PM.
            I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
            - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Originally posted by differentcountries View Post
              I just fint it strange... But I don't know your financial situation. studens don't really live with their parents in Norway, it is almost never heard of.
              Happens a lot in the US. I lived at home my first 2 years of college before I transferred to a real university (the first college I went to was 15 minutes away from my house, the university was almost 2 hours). You end up saving a ton of money if you suck it up and endure home life for a couple years before moving out. It's pretty common now these days.

Comment

I just fint it strange... But I don't know your financial situation. studens don't really live with their parents in Norway, it is almost never heard of.
                Oh man tuition in Canada is sooo expensive! I'm drowning in student loans at the moment ;-;

AND OMG EVERYONE HE GOT THE PACKAGE JUST NOW XD
                He was so happy LOL I didn't tell him what was in it >u< I actually bought him a brand new ipod touch! He was freaking out when he saw it LOL
                Last edited by TooFarAway; February 20, 2014, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Guess we are lucky in Norway, most education here is practically tuition free.

Congrats to you and your SO on the good arrivel! I imagine he was thrilled
                  I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Originally posted by TooFarAway View Post
                    Oh man tuition in Canada is sooo expensive! I'm downing in student loans at the moment ;-;

He was so happy LOL I didn't tell him what was in it >u< I actually bought him a brand new ipod touch! He was freaking out when he saw it LOL
                    YAY! That is SO good to hear!! YAY!!

Comment

Glad to hear he got the package!

Comment

Originally posted by TooFarAway View Post
                        Oh man tuition in Canada is sooo expensive! I'm downing in student loans at the moment ;-;

I'm very happy he got the package.

See...we often worry about bridges we don't even have to cross. Glad it worked out. Now take care of yourself and get in a safe situation where you don't have to worry about situations like these.

Comment

I just fint it strange... But I don't know your financial situation, students don't really live with their parents in Norway, it is almost never heard of.
                          Adult children do often live with their parents here in the US, and it's not always students. I don't know why it is so common, but it is. I know of a couple of people that are divorced and in their 50's living with their parents. When you live with your parents, no matter the age, you lose your independence.

Comment

Originally posted by piratemama View Post
                            Adult children do often live with their parents here in the US, and it's not always students. I don't know why it is so common, but it is. I know of a couple of people that are divorced and in their 50's living with their parents. When you live with your parents, no matter the age, you lose your independence.
                            It is common partially because a college degree now these days is like having the equivalent of a high school diploma 50 some odd years ago. And I'm not just talking about AA's but full 4-year degrees. There are many people I know who have a b.s. or b.a. and haven't been able to land a decent job (or the only positions they are able to get are part time, hourly, no benefits kind of jobs). With tuition bills racking up higher and higher each year and less well paying entry level positions out there...people aren't exactly well fit to be living independently. At least in my area, a decent 1 bedroom apartment/studio is at least $2,000 a month not including utilities so when you're scraping by on minimum wage with student loans on your back, it's a bit tough to simply move out.

Comment

Originally posted by piratemama View Post
                              I am sure you are right, and perhaps about Canada, too. Norwegians generally take a lof of pride in living on their own, and anyone living at home in their 20's will get strange looks. Almost all adult Norwegians move away from their parents shortly after finishing compulsory education, and most people with jobs/studies (and even many people on benifits) own their own houses or flats. I bought my first flat at 21, while still being a student.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaine View Post
                                It is common partially because a college degree now these days is like having the equivalent of a high school diploma 50 some odd years ago. And I'm not just talking about AA's but full 4-year degrees. There are many people I know who have a b.s. or b.a. and haven't been able to land a decent job (or the only positions they are able to get are part time, hourly, no benefits kind of jobs). With tuition bills racking up higher and higher each year and less well paying entry level positions out there...people aren't exactly well fit to be living independently. At least in my area, a decent 1 bedroom apartment/studio is at least $2,000 a month not including utilities so when you're scraping by on minimum wage with student loans on your back, it's a bit tough to simply move out.
                                I guess having to pay tuition, as well as some jobs not including benefits, has got something to do with it, compared to here with our low tuitions and also benefits are compulsory. And the job market is quite good here, well exept in my field *laughs* but I am half shifting fields. Oh, I just realized you are talking about RENTING appartments. I am a bit amazed how foreign this theme is to me, because the debate in Norway always revolve around buying flats, since everybody grown up at least rent some small place on their own.

My SO in Turkey have a hard time living on his own, he stays most of the year without his own bedroom even, he lives not with his mum but they have this coworkehouse at his job. Off season he lives in a student house where he at least can close a door! I think his older brother still lives at home, I am not exactly sure why, perhaps he just likes their house since it is big, but I don't think unmarried people live much on their own in Turkey. Economy I guess...and wanting company.
                                Last edited by differentcountries; February 20, 2014, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X