So....thugs have changed....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So....thugs have changed....

I have come to my senses and realized that there is no way I can live without my SO, regardless of where he is living. Both of us have been beyond miserable for the last few days. I was waiting to talk to him last night to figure out how all of this was going to work. Then he got REALLY bad news. The new job probably WONT happen. He went to college but never got a degree, because he left in his last year. This company is REQUIRING a college degree. They haven't officially rescinded the offer, but I am sure they will today. He is devastated. He has to leave his current position (long story) and this one was a God send. I feel terrible for him. I have no idea how this is going to shake out, but I know that I will never leave him. Maybe he will end up HERE anyway...of there is nothing there for him. This will financially RUIN him. My heart is broken for him, but I am glad I came to my senses, because there is NO WAY he could go through this on his own. He is still planning to come here on the 28th. We have plans to go to savannah, which I am looking forward to. I just don't know what will happen for him in the future. Ugh! What a difference a day makes, right?
    sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

Obviously that is supposed to say THINGS HAVE CHANGED,
    sigpic

Comment

you sound really stressed! Try to take a little breather, gather yourself and your thoughts. Relationships often put us through rollercoasters of emotion and we need a little break from the chaos. Treat yourself to a quiet moment, maybe a warm drink (or wine, if you prefer) and find a little peace. OK, maybe I am dreaming of having one myself as well

Comment

Thanks for giving us an update. The situation sounds financially difficult for him. At the same time, you will be able to be together. The best of luck when he comes to see you
        I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
        - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

thanks for the update! (: even though things seem bad now, it'll be better together.

Comment

Stay positive...just when I had gotten to my wits end and running out of savings, I got the new position I started two weeks ago and in the course of working here, found out I can transfer to the Toronto office after a year of being here. The higher power/universe has something in store for you two. It WILL happen.

When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.

True love does not worry about the distance between, for the heart and soul travels through one's words

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.

1 universe, 9 planets, 7 continents, 194 countries, 50 states and 10 provinces...and I had the privilege to meet you.

Comment

I am sort of seeing this as good news actually.
              Hang in there and take care!

And I'm glad to hear you came into your senses.
              We love them too much to live without them

Comment

Originally posted by TaraMarie View Post
                Obviously that is supposed to say THINGS HAVE CHANGED,
                Thugs do change sometimes too

Comment

I think you made a good choice, when you love someone then you don't want to be apart from them even if it means being in an LDR longer. I know my boyfriend and I still have many years to go before we can close the distance so I know the uncertainty is not fun.. but stick it out.. I hope he ends up moving close to you eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by OperaDiva View Post
                    you sound really stressed! Try to take a little breather, gather yourself and your thoughts. Relationships often put us through rollercoasters of emotion and we need a little break from the chaos. Treat yourself to a quiet moment, maybe a warm drink (or wine, if you prefer) and find a little peace. OK, maybe I am dreaming of having one myself as well
                    Don't suggest wine. I will imbibe in an entire bottle!
                    sigpic

Comment

I can only say what I have said before already: good luck and stay strong, whatever obstacle comes into your way

Comment

haha, I so know that feeling! Hot cocoa with marshmallows then? I go for black tea and cookies myself ... or beer and stand-up comedy on youtube!

yeah, I spoil myself sometimes you should too!

Comment

Apothic Red? My new fave! I like a big glass!

When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.

True love does not worry about the distance between, for the heart and soul travels through one's words

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.

1 universe, 9 planets, 7 continents, 194 countries, 50 states and 10 provinces...and I had the privilege to meet you.

Comment

I'm so sorry about the job falling through. That's not good. I'm looking for work now, too, so I know how bad a hit the self-esteem takes in times like that. It's wonderful that you are being supportive and want to stay with him. That's probably making a world of difference to him now. My SO has helped me more than he knows simply by being supportive. I know he loves me even when I don't get a particular job. I'll be thinking of you both. I'm sure this door closed only so a better door can open for him.

Comment

Thanks for the update! I think it stinks that he went through all that and if they had checked correctly, they wouldn't have gotten his hopes all up and offered him the job! Maybe this is a blessing in disguise? Maybe he'll be able to move and look for work near you, especially if there aren't any jobs up there. It sucks to have all that weighing on the both of you but try to stay strong and know that it will work out in the end. I'm glad you've decided to stick it out and stay with him, especially with all this going on too. I'm sure he'll be appreciative that you are there for him and dealing with a break up and maybe being unemployed would be a lot to handle. :hugs: and prayers are going your way from me!

p.s. Thugs can change the title caught my attention.
                              Our love story:
                              Attended the same high school 2004-2007
                              Dated CD: June 2009-July 2010
                              Reconnected: August 2012
                              Began dating LD: November 2012
                              Engaged! March 2014
                              Closing the distance: December 2015

Comment

Working...
                              X