25th Birthday Surprise for LDR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

25th Birthday Surprise for LDR

My SO's birthday is coming this September 25, still i have almost a month of prepare preparation. We've been on this LDR for almost 1yr and 7 months now and I want it to be extra special than our regular chatting.. How can I give him the best surprise since i cannot fly home yet for his birthday? any suggestions will be appreciated.. Thank you!

(i'm new to posting to forums. i'm sorry coz i think posted this on the wrong section.)

My SO had his birthday in July and I sent him this little package. There was a book which was just perfect (called "From Finland with love" and the author's surname was Schatz, which is what I also call my SO. It means something like "honey" or "treasure" in German.), some alcohol (I had to check online that I'm allowed to send alcohol to this country), a birthday card and candy.

Maybe you could write a letter or send some pictures? Or maybe make a video and send it on a USB stick. There are some pretty good ideas in the love letter section.

Comment

Originally posted by maielle View Post
      My SO had his birthday in July and I sent him this little package. There was a book which was just perfect (called "From Finland with love" and the author's surname was Schatz, which is what I also call my SO. It means something like "honey" or "treasure" in German.), some alcohol (I had to check online that I'm allowed to send alcohol to this country), a birthday card and candy.

Maybe you could write a letter or send some pictures? Or maybe make a video and send it on a USB stick. There are some pretty good ideas in the love letter section.
      Thanks Maielle! What I have in mind is to send a birthday package. My SO is not a reader type. What you think can be a good gift for someone active/outdoorsy type of guy?

Comment

One of my really good friends recently turned 22, and I got him a compass. It has a lot of symbolism, as well as being really practical, as he's out camping A LOT. I also gave him a really nice knife, which he could use for outdoors, hunting, etc. If you want to go expensive and he's REALLY outdoorsy, fishing stuff, night-vision goggles and good binoculars are usually a hit, too.

I would also say that anything that he can carry with him that reminds him of you would be excellent, like a waterproof keychain with your picture. Anything small like that will go a long way But really, you know your man and what he would like/use. Typically what I've found that guys prefer something they can actually use often or on a daily basis.

Comment

thanks moon watcher and maielle. im currently brainstorming gifts and writing the birthday letter and i barely have 24 days to be exact.. im planning to send a small birthday package but i dont know what to put in there yet.. please guys/girls.. send me more ideas.. Thank YouS..

Comment

Hmm, you can always make something for him. Or get a personalized picture frame and put a picture in it of you two or of yourself You can make him a happy birthday video and email it to him. Uhhh ya that's all I can think of at the moment.

Comment

Making a special anniversary package would be cute.
              Or if you cam with him you can set up something really /silly/birthday-ish and surprise him with that? You know, ballons and the likes, so when he turns the cam on you can yell "surprise!" =p

Comment

Originally posted by paulawriteslove View Post
                Hmm, you can always make something for him. Or get a personalized picture frame and put a picture in it of you two or of yourself You can make him a happy birthday video and email it to him. Uhhh ya that's all I can think of at the moment.
                uhmm, thanks for this Paula, i appreciate.. but im thinking of sending him more than a picture because he usually grabs my pictures on fb, so i guess he already collected alot..

Comment

Originally posted by MTK View Post
                  Making a special anniversary package would be cute.
                  Or if you cam with him you can set up something really /silly/birthday-ish and surprise him with that? You know, ballons and the likes, so when he turns the cam on you can yell "surprise!" =p
                  Hi MTK, this is ok too but we dont normally spend any big occasions on cam. because im giving him chance to spend it with his family and real friends (not virtual like me) back there.. but im also thinking of doing this but on the next day that we are about to chat.. thanks for this

Comment

Working...
                  X