Trust issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trust issues

I have a bf who lives in LA and I live in Korea. We've been in a relationship for 4months and more. Actually this is our second one. I broke up with him once because of the distance and after a few weeks we got back together. We had a several down moments. Last December he almost broke up with me because he couldn't fight the distance but decided to stay with me. And this week I told him that I think we need some time alone because our convos had became dry and I thought he lost interest in me. I exactly asked him " how about we break up for some time? to meet other people?" Actually he once asked me this question before saying "what if I decide to break up for some time to meet other people?" I told him no because I love him so much and he said that he loves me too. Anyways...He got pissed off but then we talked about how we really feel for each other and we're good.. At least I am.. The problem is he wouldn't trust me. He thinks I'm interested and that I want to date other guys which is absolutely not true. I told him that I love him so much and that I don't want to date another guy but he still won't believe me.. I asked him why won't he trust me but he won't tell me and he would just tell me to let it go. But I feel uncomfortable. He doesn't want to fight against me which is why I can't bring up the topic to him. What should I do?
    btw he'd been cheated on once by his ex whom he really really loved.

Well you kinda answered your own question..he's been cheated on so he has trust issues. Either that or he's cheating or has eyes for someone else and has a guilty conscience. Just ask him what's up and tell him you need his trust im sure you two will be fine best of luck

Comment

Okay that last part about him having an ex cheat on him stands out as a good reason for having trust issues.

I think the best thing to do.. is be patient.. and show him you can be trusted. It likely won't happen over night!! It will only happen with time when he sees you can be trusted.. you have only been in a relationship 4 months.. that isn't that long for trust to be built especially when it was already broken (because of someone else) to begin with. If you really love him and want to be with him, try and be patient with him, listen, try and understand what he's talking about, try and accept what he says and try to trust him. Tell him things you don't tell everyone, open up and maybe he will see that he can trust you.. Though if he's already had a broken heart, I'm sure it will take a lot of time to mend it.. just be patient.. and don't bring up breaking up or seeing other people unless you mean that as what you want.. otherwise he will probably think you want that.

I hope things work out for you.

Comment

Tell him whatever you said was a mistake. It was just the distance talking. Tell him in detail why you love him. Reassure him time and again. Eventually he will start to trust you. He will notice your effort.
        I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
        - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Working...
        X