Need Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Advice

I'm new here, but I need the advice of others also in a LDR. My fiance and I have been together a short amount of time, but when we first met in person, we just knew that we loved each other. We "talked" for a good month before we met in person. Well, the past week I have felt out of sync with him. We haven't Skyped as much, or text because he has been busy at work, but he calls when he gets off work or just whenever like he usually does. I stayed Valentine's Day weekend with him, so we have seen each other recently and I don't know if that has anything to do with it. And he was in a bad mood almost all of last week, like quiet and moody, he said it was because of stuff bothering him at work. I asked him last night, because I was reading about LDR and why they fail, if he felt any different because we haven't been talking as much and stuff, and he said he noticed that we haven't been on Skype or texting as much but it doesn't change the way he feels about me. Then he told me that he knew when he first saw me in person that he was going to marry me, that he knew I was "The One." And the other night he was texting me about how much he loves me and stuff. I don't know if I am just feeling neglected and I'm thinking "oh god he doesn't want to marry me anymore" or if something is going on and he doesn't want to hurt my feelings. Our wedding date is in April next year, and earlier I was telling him that I think I found the dress I want and he said I should get it, and he asked how much it was and I told him and he asked if I had pics of it and where I found it and I said yes, and he said to wait until May 1st and if I hadn't found another one then to get it. He texted me a little while later and seemed the same as always, he called me baby and his angel. And he says stuff like he wishes I was there next to him to cuddle and that he would sleep better with me there and stuff of the sort. And when I was upset about this whole thing he did his usual thing of being silly to cheer me up. I really just don't know if work has just been tiring and he just wants time to himself to relax or if he doesn't feel the same anymore.

He sounds really sweet to you. I understand you are upset he is busy. You might try to talk to him about you wanting more time with him, maybe he can shift time around so that you can Skype more if he realize it means a lot to you.
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

An LDR is hard and makes anyone sad. It sounds like he still loves you, so he might be missing you. Also, guys can really separate issues. If he has something on his mind, like work, he will seem distant while trying to work out that issue. We women connect everything and all at once, but guys (not all guys, but most) will focus on only one issue at a time. Be supportive of his work issues and ask if he wants to talk about it, but respect that he might not. Don't push too hard, because that can come off as nagging. It sounds like he's missing you.

Comment

sometimes relationships just go threw harder times but it will pass. just try to have good communication and it will get better again we all been there and its even harder when missing someone

Comment

Ohhhh I'm sure everything's fine :3 I'm sure he just got a bit stressed from work, no worries! When a man really doesn't feel the same way anymore about someone it's very clear. If he still says I Love You and all the good stuff then you're good!
          Just stay strong <3
          Love knows not distance, time, or logic.

Evan & Megan <3

Comment

Believe me, i know how it feels to think all these bad things are feel neglected by your SO. but at the end of the day, you both have separate lives and of course your schedules aren't always going to match up. My SO and I are 5 hours apart and because i'm at college now and want to get a good amount of sleep we really don't talk in the week. we talk at the weekend and on Thursdays because i can stay up until like 5am if i really want to because i know i don't have to be up early for anything the next day.
            Basically, because you guys haven't been talking as much because of how busy he isn't really a bad thing. sure it gets you down and stuff but you guys aren't gonna always be too busy all of the time.
            Stay strong and try not to get too sad about it. Things will get better eventually :3
            my girls <3

Josie (SO)
            Met online ~ 17th August 2017 ~
            Met in person ~ 30th August 2017 ~
            Became official ~ 15th September 2017 ~
            Closed the distance and moved in together! ~ 18th June 2018 ~

Ash
            Met online ~ 21st November 2018 ~
            Met in person ~ 26th November 2018 ~
            Became official ~ 4th December 2018 ~
            All moved in together! ~ 30th May 2019 ~

Comment

Thanks for the advice you guys. I really appreciate it and the advice was helpful

Comment

Working...
              X