An Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An Update

I am very bad at remembering to visit forums anymore, sorry guys!

So last time I was here, my SO had moved to me, which caused a lot of issues within my family, since we were living on property that my grandparents owned; and I thought I was going to have to rush a wedding, after barely spending a few months with my fiance.

Well, there's good and bad news to this.

Good news: I did not have to rush a wedding and family tension is better. They've decided they actually trust my fiance now.
    Bad news: We had to go long distance again.

We could not make this work in West Virginia. My family was making life hellish for us, and had he stayed beyond the three months we spent, we probably would resent each other now. However, upon seeing how committed my fiance is to me even long distance, and witnessing the struggle I have had trying to find a job in West Virginia (I have a very very part time freelance reporter job, even after applying for almost a year.), my grandparents have decided that in the spring (so they don't have to worry about me traveling in all the snow), they will buy me a one way ticket to WA, where I have slightly better luck at finding a job, and I can live with my fiance.
    We've both been putting aside money in case the job market sucks just as much for me, but we are hopeful.

At first, I was so bitter about how my supposed Closing Distance story went, that I quit coming to LFAD. But in the past months, I've focused on my reporting, when I get it, and going to the gym and bettering myself; and i'm at peace with how this turned out.
    Brighter things are coming

I missed you guys so much!

First Met Online: October 2010
    First Confessed Feelings: December 21, 2011
    Became a "Couple": January 7, 2012
    First Meeting: March 9-14, 2012
    Second Meeting: July 16-31, 2012
    Closed the Distance: May 30, 2013
    Engaged!: June 1, 2013
    Picking out wedding dates now!

Yay welcome back! I remember you posting before, but if you don't remember me, it's probably because I was lurking mostly during that time because I go through phases of posting more or less depending on what's going on and my mood and things. :P

I'm glad that you are sorting things out and good luck with the Washington move. I like Washington state best because it is the state bordering with BC. :P Though I've hardly been there, only a few times. I hope you can find a job when it comes to it, but good you will save up some in case you can't find one right away, if at all.

It's good you are adapting with the changes and it's good that you two are committed to each other even to go long distance again after closing the distance didn't work out and you trying to live where he is. I hope you find a good plan and can continue to work through the challenges that are set before you.

Comment

Working...
    X