Airports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Airports

So, it's been almost two months since I've seen my SO, and just about two more months until we can be together again!
    I am very excited and infant wait!

My father is currently in a long distance relationship with his girlfriend. And while my SO is 2500 miles away, his is only 500 or so ha...well when I brought my dad the the airport for his trip to be with his girlfriend, I was NOT expecting to be slammed with emotions.

This was my first time near an airport since I left my SO and it brought tears to my eyes. I know I'm not crazy and that I'm probably not the only one to have felt this way, but it totally caught me off guard!
    Today I am picking my dad up, and I don't have words for how badly I wish it were my SO getting off of this plane instead of my father....

I guess I'm curious of others have felt this way

Nope I haven't only because I go to airports very regularly to fly to work. I understand why you would feel that way though
    ~Shaunna~

*Distance isn't an obstacle when it comes to love, but rather a great reminder on just how strong true love can be*

We're engaged 2014 - save $$, 2015 - get married, 2016 - make the big move!

Comment

I haven't been in Airport since the last time I said goodbye to my SO but I'm pretty sure I would get really sad, specially if I saw a couple saying bye or meeting again.

Sigh, I cried so much the last time at the airport...

Comment

Originally posted by Sukipei View Post
        Sigh, I cried so much the last time at the airport...
        Oh man, so did I... and on top of it our alarm didnt go off that morning and so we got to the airport like as my flight was finishing the boarding calls....our goodbye was very rushed and so fast..

I am so ready to be in his arms again...May cannot come fast enough

Comment

This past fall I was living in an area where everyday I took the metro into the city and one of the main stops was the airport. Depressed me every single time because I always either dreamed I was going to the airport to leave for seeing my SO or picking him up, instead of just passing the airport. :/ I'd take funny pictures of myself making weird faces and sent them to him instead, to cheer myself up. haha It worked!
          When two hearts are meant for each other, no distance is too far,
          no time is too long, and no other love can break them apart.

Comment

Originally posted by conejita_hada View Post
            I'd take funny pictures of myself making weird faces and sent them to him instead, to cheer myself up. haha It worked!

This made me smile
            Its funny because the main thing that bummed me out was knowing and going through the emotions of how excited im going to be when i see him again...but then having to knock myself back to reality :/
            its a tough situation, but then again what about an LDR isn't a tough situation? I guess the exception to that question is when we all finally get to be with our person again right?

Comment

I love going to the airport. I just think of my positive memories when I would fly to my GF.

Comment

I haven't been to the airports except when I fly to/from my SO. But I feel like I would get a surge of emotions if I was in the airport when not leaving to see my SO. I know I get a bit like that when I see the signs for the airport or hear anything regarding the airport, even if they talk about weather at the airport or something. I don't know about getting sad, or excited, or just longing and wishing I was going to see my SO soon. It's amazing how much I love and am interested in airplanes and airports since flying to my SO for the first time.

Comment

I fly to visit my sister in the capital, for work or similar, so I don't exclusively associate airports with my SO. But I got very emotional over the airport movie with Tom Hanks! Like: I have started to feel I live in/for airports....
                  I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                  - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

The same thing happened to me! A few days after coming home from visiting my SO, I had to pick my dad up from the airport. It was so hard...I had to try so hard not to cry
                    All I wanted to do was jump on the next plane to Germany!

Comment

The airport is so far away, there is no way I could just randomly get there, since I am the only one who flies away ever and if I do it is always towards my man.
                      So when I am there I am super excited to fly out and see my man!

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
                      First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
                      Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
                      Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
                      Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
                      Married: 1/24/2015
                      Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Originally posted by snow View Post
                        The airport is so far away, there is no way I could just randomly get there, since I am the only one who flies away ever and if I do it is always towards my man.
                        So when I am there I am super excited to fly out and see my man!
                        You are quite lucky in my opinion! Ha there is a very small airport in my hometown, but I live about 45 minutes South of the Bay Area in Ca. Itsnjustvfar enough away that it is put of mind, but usually when I go visit friends in San Francisco I almost always end up driving by the airport. :/

Comment

I have grown to resent airports. I am just sick of them. I feel like I spent half my time in one, or planning to be in one. I don't have anything against them and I look forward to the day someday when I can look forward to them again. I know I need them to be with him, but all the fun and excitement of flying has been sucked out of it for me.

Someday when airports are about vacations I will enjoy them again, right now they just represent a piece of what I hate most, the LD in my R.
                          "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
                          Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I have very mixed emotions about airports, especially the one me/my SO flies in and out of in his country or over here xD I've been in the one over here a couple times since he left last time, for picking family up and travelling myself, and I find myself to just be an mess of emotional confusion xD I have equally as many "bad" (suppose they're more sad) memories of being there as I have awesome ones. There's all the times when I've had to say goodbye to my SO, and the times where I've had to say goodbye to my family. But there are also the times I've picked my SO up, seen him walk through the doors after months of not seeing him. The times where I've been to pick up family members or friends I haven't seen in years. The times when I've been overly excited about traveling myself, wether it be to my SO or somewhere else. So it's really hard knowing how I'll react, usually I'm sad for a bit and happy for a bit, if it makes any sense xD

Met online: February 2011
                            Met the first time: August 16, 2011

Comment

I don't hate airports, but I sometimes hate the computer We call it "the screen ". I try to make things cozy for us, like driving to the airport instead of taking the cheaper bus, and waiting in a nice cafe (even if coffee costs a lot). At least for me, that softens the blow. Anyway, I am the most exited or sad in the plane itself. I flew by myself when I was 7, bringing my sister of 5, so I don’t really connect airports with my SO. I used to not like the international airports because they are big and confusing, but I think I am starting to get the hang of it a bit more by now...
                              Last edited by differentcountries; March 3, 2014, 12:58 PM.
                              I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                              - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Working...
                              X