No announcement yet.

Airports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even a picture of an airport (especially a couple hugging in one) can make me sad...

Comment

Yep I'm like this too, just seeing the airport bus or sign is enough to kindle a little sad emotion inside me.

Comment

Originally posted by piratemama View Post
        Even a picture of an airport (especially a couple hugging in one) can make me sad...
        I totally agree with you :/
        I mean it makes me a little sad...and then I think of how it will be when in can finally be that couple...except it's bittersweet because I know I'm x amount of days we have to say goodbye :/

Originally posted by Hollandia View Post
        I know I need them to be with him, but all the fun and excitement of flying has been sucked out of it for me.
        Ugh this is so true too...I'm only excited when I know I'll be leaving, and I'll be getting on the plane to see my SO...

Comment

I'm the opposite, I love airports and I love to be in them and around them. It reminds me of the good memories of traveling to and from Canada and stopping to visit my dad in between the two places. The only exception is the DFW airport as that was where my dad worked (before he passed away) and I always expect to see him waiting for me at the gate as i'm coming off the airplane, even though he isn't going to be there anymore.

Treasuretrooper <-- how I helped pay for some of my LDR expenses when I was in one.

Comment

I love to travel, especially by plane, but I will admit that I've definitely started to associate airports strongly with my partner, particularly the ones I've been at with him. The worst is easily Schipol in Amsterdam, since that's the one he left from after his visit in April. I was basically in crisis mode, automatically staying entirely calm and tough on the outside, but he was very emotional about having to leave. I had never had a man cry like a baby on my shoulder, especially not a man as big and strongly built as him, and certainly not a man I cared for this much. It was a very humbling, but also very overwhelming and moving experience, and while I wouldn't (and couldn't) drop my "strong rock" demeanor, I was really hit hard by the situation. Schipol is a very commonly used airport in Europe for international flights, especially connecting ones, so it's inevitable that I'll be there again and think of this all. In fact, just a week later I was in Amsterdam with a Canadian friend and her flight back home went from Schipol too, so the feelings came surging back as all hell. As much as I love flying, that really hurt, and it will sting in the future.

~
            It'll take a lot more than words and guns
            A whole lot more than riches and muscle
            The hands of the many must join as one
            And together we'll cross the river

Comment

Every time if walk into the airport the smell makes me think of him......just as the smell of a hospital makes me think of giving birth to my babies. They are good smells and memories for me.
              sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

Comment

Working...
              X