Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The struggle

Hello everyone !
    My name is Peggy and this is my first post.
    I am 20years of age my boyfriend is 22.
    We have been talking for two years now , for the longest time we was unofficially official.
    However for Christmas , one of my gifts was him asking me forreal and to make it official.
    Yes, of course I said yes.!! The only problem other than distance is race. He is mixed and
    To me that is not a big deal at all.! However I come from a small southern town where to
    My family it is wrong. My mother raised me to see no color different or wrong but I didn't know
    She meant with friendship only. Within the next month my love and I will meet for the first
    Time! I am beyond scared... Scared of not being able to let him go... How do you all who have
    Met cope with departure?!

Hi welcome! And I hope your parents will accept him no matter his race. I'm sure they can come around after a few years at least, when she can see how much you love him more.

Departure is hard, so one thing you want to make sure you try and avoid is thinking about it too soon. Don't let it ruin your visit! Enjoy every second and then.. remember.. it's not 'good bye' it's 'see you next time' or 'see you on the internet until our next visit' or something along those lines. Don't think of it as the end.. it's not.. though the week(s) after leaving are always the hardest and you can allow yourself to cry but then get busy and work towards the next visit.

Good luck and have a great visit next month and take lots of pictures because they help you when you have to go back to long distance.

But I repeat.. when you are with him, do not think about leaving until the day of, and then only when you absolutely have to. :P Enjoy your trip and the planning up to it. Just be excited! And also talk about your expectations for the trip and what you are going to do together!

Comment

Welcome to the forum.

I'm glad you are going to spend some time with your SO. I agree with squeeker - try not to think about the leaving while with him. It will totally suck out any fun and joy from the time you are with him.

It's hard saying letting go after a visit, and there's no easy way to get around that. All you can do is start looking forward to the next visit.

Comment

Welcome I'm intrigued as to which part of Virginia you're from as my SO is from southern Virginia and his town sounds similar to yours!

I hope it turns out okay.

Comment

Working...
        X