four (ish) months to go!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

four (ish) months to go!

absolutely positively having a visit this time! he's coming this summer, i say four-ish months because we arent sure of it'll be june or july yet. although we're pretty sure it'll be june.
    and on my end, that means four ish months to get a better grip on my smoking habit (he isn't asking me to quit, just to take it slower)
    four ish months to lose thirty pounds.
    four ish months to get my seizure disorder under better control
    and for him, it means four ish months. .-. haha

the reason this isnt in my blog:
    those of you that met your SO online and then in person, what was that first visit like? im scared im going to cry and screw up my make up lol XD it'll be close to our one year anniversary. (it's at the END of june) so the timing couldn't be better, or leave me more emotional.
    and im so scared of meeting his friends! there will only be two coming, one of which i already don't care for too much...

Whoa, do you ever have a huge to-do list for only four months! I'd suggest not setting your goals so high that you get discouraged. It would be hard to lose 30 lbs. in four months, but you could lose some weight, for example.

I'm glad your SO is coming for a visit, and I hope it goes well. I met my SO online as a friend, and we grew to love one another over time. When we first met, we were both nervous. What was ironic was how scared I was early on but not so much on the day we met, while he was more laid back early on and more nervous the day we met. I knew he was nervous, and that made it easier for me. I was too busy focusing on how to make him feel more comfortable to be nervous myself.

Seeing him walk toward me in the airport was the most memorable moment of my life. He looked different than his pictures (we hadn't Skyped yet), but he was even more handsome than his pictures. That first hug and kiss were wonderful.

You'll be nervous, but that feeling goes away quickly. Then, you can focus on him and enjoy his company. Don't worry about his friends, much. If your SO cares about you, his friends will like you fine. If not, let your SO deal with it.

Comment

Aww yay 4 ish months is not that far away really, it's sooner than I will see my SO again.. unless some miracle happens :P

Anyways I think piratemama has good points that you should maybe not worry too much about your goals completely. It's good your SO is emphasizing cutting down instead of cutting back completely. You could try what my SO did to quit smoking, and that was smoking only half a cigarette when you get a craving.. he used to smoke a lot.. and was only smoking occasionally when he met me online. You can do it!

And with the weight loss.. that's about how much weight I want to lose as well, give or take a few pounds. I'm not sure how realistic it is for 4 months, but start changing your eating and exercise habits, get moving more (I've started doing squats and just trying to keep moving even when I'm sitting or watch YouTube exercise/dance videos sometimes. Don't starve or deprive yourself of anything, make changes in small steps so that you can adapt them better and keep them up. I know I am trying to drink more water instead of other things. Though I have tea if I want something extra. And then eat some lean protein (lean meats if you eat meat, or beans/tofu) a bit of fat (oil, peanut butter), lots of vegetables, and fruits because fruits have natural sugars and full of water to keep you hydrated too. Oh soups are a good one to get lots of vegetables and also are supposed to keep you full longer. Good luck! But don't worry too much, I'm sure your SO will love you no matter your body type. If he's a good one, he will just want you to be happy with yourself and healthy.

And good luck with getting your seizure disorder under control. I don't know anything about that really but I had seizures when I was a small child apparently.

And now for how the first visit was like? It was amazing. After a long plane ride and taxi ride from the airport, I was waiting anxiously and excitedly at this train station, near a cafe, debating whether I should make my first purchase in the UK or not, and at the same time glancing around trying to spot him.. I thought I saw him 2-3 times but it was some other person walking at the other end of the train station... lol .. and then I heard my name and turned around and it was him.. and I think I was a bit anxious about what to do, but he was really good.. he was walking to me so I walked to him and then he held his arms open for a hug and we hugged and I remember, and I have said it before, how much more '3D' he looked. He looked so amazing and I knew it was him because he looked the same, and he acted the same, and we held hands up to the ticket counter and he paid for my ticket and we waited for the train and I was all giggly and excited and kept looking at him with amazement that we were actually together in person and I could touch him and stuff.. and we took the train back to his place.. where I met his dad and his adorable doggy. And don't worry, if you cry, you cry, and I'm sure he won't think less of you if your makeup ends up a bit smudged.. you can go to a bathroom to fix it up I assume.. or maybe try waterproof mascara and I'm not sure if you can get other waterproof makeup since I don't really buy it anymore. :P

And don't worry about his friends, as piratemama said, they like your SO and your SO likes you, so they will either like you or if they cause a problem your SO should sort it out!

Oh and don't forget to take lots of pictures, or as many as you can while still enjoying being with him. Because pictures (and video if you can) can help a lot when you are back to dealing with the distance again. It also helps it feel less like a really good dream.

Comment

aww :] i've already lost a pretty good amount of weight, it was 25 pounds total but i gained a bit back with off days so its 22 pounds now. but to be at my healthy weight, I actually need to lose about forty more pounds or so. he doesnt care about my weight, but theres a small chance we'll be at the beach together and yeeahhh.... I care XD I'm also looking at the silver lining of it, if i dont lose it all before he does me, i'll get to wow him the second visit!

I think im going to have to make that 3D comment just for giggles as well lol.

Comment

Woot woot! I thought I would cry our first in person meeting but I was far too excited/nervous to cry! I bluntly remember telling my mom I thought I was going to puke because I was so nervous! The moment I saw him, I squealed like a fan girl, (talk about embarissing LOL) rushed into his arms and almost knocked him over LOL. He had this handsome grin on his face. After a few minutes of being alone when we got back we just melted into each others arms.

Good luck to you! You better post pics ;D

Comment

Ah - it is always nice to have a time, it makes the waiting time meaningful. Good luck on your health changes
            I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
            - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

The first time I met my man I was super nervous. The plane in Toronto was delayed, because of sudden snow fall so I was an hour behind on schedule and the whole time on my last flight I was soooo nervous!!
              Then when I saw him standing there waiting for me, all nervousness was gone. I jumped and waved at him and then he hugged and kissed me. It was magical

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
              First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
              Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
              Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
              Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
              Married: 1/24/2015
              Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

I'm glad you have a firm time for your first visit! I hope you are successful in meeting the goals you have set for yourself or at least feeling comfortable about where you are in regards to them. I dated my SO CD before we became long distance but we hadn't seen each other in more than 2 years when I visited last year. I was nervous but once I saw him, everything felt natural. I'm sure you will be fine and things will go smoothly.
                Our love story:
                Attended the same high school 2004-2007
                Dated CD: June 2009-July 2010
                Reconnected: August 2012
                Began dating LD: November 2012
                Engaged! March 2014
                Closing the distance: December 2015

Comment

Working...
                X