Where to go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to go?

Okay so me and my SO have made a decision to spend the extra money this time and extend our time together somewhere outside of Schengen. I will be reaching my 89th day and have the plane ticket to go back to Delaware on April 6th. However; for a few reasons, this time we are choosing to leave NL together and spend another month together. I will tell you why so you understand our mindset and can offer the best advice in that light.

We are actively working on making a baby. We are planning to get married at some point soon, but because of our age the baby is more important first. I feel that 90 days on and 90 off, is not so great for baby making mentality. We have discussed this and the idea of having another 2 months to try now, and then be back at trying again in 2 months makes more sense. If money allows quite frankly I will bring him over sooner than that and try even more. Okay, so that is our main reason but also we love the idea of starting to change the status quo, this makes us both happy. This is like our way of taking a leap of faith for us and baby or not within the year, most likely NL but if not USA, we are going to close the distance. NL won't care if we are married or not but USA will and we want to start our life together. I think we will most likely marry and then separate again while each of us handles what needs to be done in their country. I am thinking of just getting married somewhere outside of NL and USA and invite who wants to be there and so be it.

Okay so back to the reason I made the thread. Where outside of Schengen do you think we should go? Here are more details. We do not have unlimited funds so Asia or Hawaii is out of question. He is actively applying for a higher paying job, to meet IND standards, and so distance is an issue too. This really takes West Coast of USA out of running completely. We are leaning towards UK or Ireland. The problem is, where? I don't know the UK at all and have only been to Dublin once for a week. This time we are looking at a month. We need to rent an apartment on a short term let or sublet. I need somewhere that has good internet so that I can work while there. We need to be able to shop for groceries and cook our own food and do our own laundry. Hotels are way too much for a month. We don't want to be stranded and don't want to have to rent a car. I have found some Delta flights that I can use my Bill Me Later account that should cover any airfare but need to worry about the budget for the place.

Any suggestions are welcome. I prefer somewhere in UK or Ireland but anywhere you have knowledge of is worth my time to research it. I am also running out of time. British Air will let me change my flight, but I prefer to book this trip in a week or so. Icing on my cake would be anywhere that feels romantic. Any help is welcome. Thank You.
    Last edited by Hollandia; March 4, 2014, 01:11 PM.
    "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
    Benjamin Franklin

Have you tried looking for an appartment hotel? Also you may be able to get some deals through Airbnb or similar that has a fully equipped appartment for rent. Apart from that, I have not comments other than that it sounds lovely and wish you the best of luck.
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Originally posted by differentcountries View Post
      Have you tried looking for an appartment hotel? Also you may be able to get some deals through Airbnb or similar that has a fully equipped appartment for rent. Apart from that, I have not comments other than that it sounds lovely and wish you the best of luck.
      Yes, thank you, that is the site I have been using mainly so far. I am really looking for a suggestion where than how. I just cannot figure where to go.
      "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
      Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Yorkshire in the UK..... I maybe biased but I think it has everything: historical castles, beautiful scenery, stunning city in York that is full of medieval charm, excellent food and much cheaper than the south of England.

Edinburgh in Scotland would be my second choice.

Comment

Originally posted by 80anthea View Post
          Yorkshire in the UK..... I maybe biased but I think it has everything: historical castles, beautiful scenery, stunning city in York that is full of medieval charm, excellent food and much cheaper than the south of England.

Edinburgh in Scotland would be my second choice.
          Oh, cool, thanks I shall put them one on my list and see what I can find in Yorkshire. Edinburgh is most also on it. What airport do you fly into for that? Manchester? Is it close to Leeds? I see York on googlemaps but not Yorkshire?
          Last edited by Hollandia; March 4, 2014, 04:52 PM.
          Benjamin Franklin

Comment

https://www.yorkshire.com/ is the official tourism website. There is an airport at Leeds which is easily accessible to places in the dales if you wanted countryside or York which is the best city in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by 80anthea View Post
              https://www.yorkshire.com/ is the official tourism website. There is an airport at Leeds which is easily accessible to places in the dales if you wanted countryside or York which is the best city in my opinion.
              Awesome. I am going to that website now and looking into places in and around York. Can I ask why York is your favorite city?
              Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
              X