Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Something Happy................anyone else have this happen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something Happy................anyone else have this happen?

I know it has been a pretty heavy day in here today. I was thinking of putting this in the Vet forum but decided to spread it around more. My SO and I have been having some pretty heavy conversations lately. One that I brought up before is that I don't wish to close the distance for a BF. Yes, we are working on a baby, but no guarantees there so regardless, he wanted to close it as soon as he found a job that met the needs around his schooling. I don't want to leave my country unless we are married, or for that matter bring him here.

............Well.................been waiting awhile for that, but NL has a rough economy so no luck being able to do both. My SO decided to quit school for now. Sounds bad I know, but this is just till we close the distance. So ,that was a bit of a shock he was willing to do that for me. Next...................he woke up today and told me he dreamed of us getting married. HOLY SMOKES. Now he has decided he likes the idea of being married, which for him is pretty big because all his other friends dated their GFs for at least 6 years before getting engaged.

My head is spinning and he would kill me if he saw this so I will end up deleting the thread in a few weeks but I just wanted to share with my LFAD family. I am finally going to be able to marry my baby. I am totally okay with needing another year as LDR to close afterwards but so damn happy to hear he actually dreamed about it. He had full vivid details about his clothes, my dress and our first dance.

Okay, so my head is swooning over his revelation .....and yeah he has been uber sweet all day today................has anyone else ever had anything like this? Have you every had your SO have a dream that changes so much for the two of you?
    "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
    Benjamin Franklin

You shouldn't post threads if you don't want them to be seen, Michelle said she won't delete posts. Also you one need 3 ...'s to make your point Anyway right on for the good news!

Comment

Originally posted by snow_girl View Post
      You shouldn't post threads if you don't want them to be seen, Michelle said she won't delete posts. Also you one need 3 ...'s to make your point Anyway right on for the good news!
      Nah, it is okay. He never checks here. I would not have put on internet if I was that worried. I wanted to make an upbeat thread and see what other's responses are. I also happen to love my long.......................................lol. Just a weird thing about me. Thanks much for the Kudos indeed, you ever have anything close to that from a dream?
      "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
      Benjamin Franklin

Comment

The last dream I had I brought a little puppy home in a mini sleeping bag and then accidentally stepped on him and killed him..

Comment

I draw, and so I drew a picture of us. He attempted to draw me, but is bad at shoulders so I turned into a spider in the drawing, with my head and a spider body. He has dreamed about things with us together, but nothing that serious. That sounds exciting. I don't share your feelings about the "m word" or moving without that, though I understand the desire for commitment. Sharing dreams is pretty intimate, especially one like that.

Comment

I had a dream last night that I ran 3 red lights that were all within 100 feet of each other because I couldn't stop and a cop tried to pull me over. And then somehow I lost him. He was angry.

ETA: "The M word"?

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
            Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
            Progress: Working on it.

Comment

The last dream I had I brought a little puppy home in a mini sleeping bag and then accidentally stepped on him and killed him..
              OH noes, did you wake up sad?
              Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Hollandia View Post
                OH noes, did you wake up sad?
                Not really. I don't take dreams seriously

Comment

The only dreams that he has had that have turned out to come true belong in the adult section

Very happy for you though

Comment

I think she means the "marriage" word. That is cool, not everyone does. I will say we are international and I think that makes it a bit harder to do for a BF and not a husband. I believe in marriage and consider it the ultimate commitment in a couple. I don't expect all to agree to that, but for me it is. There are also some heavy legal things that come along with marriage that I think you should be willing to share when closing a distance. I have been married before and so speak from experience there.

My own SO said that a while ago, and I was honest and said... okay, but I am not okay with that, so if you are perhaps this won't work. There are certain deal breakers and that was one for me. I also think in any LDR you may or may not come upon a time limit in it. I know some don't, but for me it is getting pretty close. I love him like my breath but business is getting no better and travel is getting harder and there comes a time of put up or shut up. I believe in my Dad's mentality of shit or get off the pot.

I am just really happy to see that my SO wants to shit. LOL.
                    Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Not really. I don't take dreams seriously
                      I think I am an emotional person in that sense. I believe that dream are a window to your soul and tbh, even a commercial about sad stuff can make me cry.
                      Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by lyonsgirl View Post
                        ETA: "The M word"?
                        Marriage, we are mutual marriage phobes. We are fine with commitment, less fine with marriage. It would take a while for either of us to commit to anyone for the rest of our lives.

Comment

Originally posted by 80anthea View Post
                          The only dreams that he has had that have turned out to come true belong in the adult section

Very happy for you though
                          ooooo........Hedonism awaits for you someday. LOL.
                          Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I wish! If he has, he's certainly never told me about it Anyway, both he and I have the strange commonality that we very, very rarely remember our dreams. I think we may have talked about a dream only about two or three times in the 5 years we've been together, we seem to only remember the really disturbing ones. I'm really happy and excited for you though, it must be fantastic to finally forming a solid plan!
                            Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

You puppy murdering B word!
                              Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X