LDR Date Night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LDR Date Night

So, my boyfriend and I were having a little trouble, but of course we worked things out and it made us stronger. We decided that we'd have a date this weekend. I'm so excited! We decided we're going to watch something "together" on Netflix (still haven't decided on a movie lol). So, I was wondering if anyone else has dates in their LDR. What do you do and how often?

We have real "dates" only for valentine's day, our anniversary and sometimes for birthdays, but since I have a twin sister I spend most of the time celebrating with her on our birthday. On these days we usually have a meal together and since we're 6 hours apart it's usually lunch for him and dinner for me while we're skyping. Then we either watch a movie or play a game.

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
    First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
    Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
    Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
    Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
    Married: 1/24/2015
    Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

My boyfriend and I are AVID about the Vampire Diaries. We probably watch about two episodes a day if we can. (: I love that he is so obsessed with my favorite show and its now one of his favorite shows. If we are tired of that we watch a movie. once we tried to coordinate an dennys facetime date, but his dennys didnt have wifi.

Comment

We try to do something a couple of times a month. Usually involves watching a movie, playing Pictionary or other games and making things together. We also each have a Wreck This Journal. I had posted about it here a while ago.
        “The ties that binds us are sometimes impossible to explain. They connect us even after it seems like the ties should be broken. Some bonds defy distance and time and logic; Because some ties are simply… meant to be.” - Grey’s Anatomy

>Little Box<

Comment

We don´t really have date nights, but we have a show that is ours. Right now its west wing, and then we watch probably about 4 episodes a week :-) I really recommend something that you only watch together, because it feels like sharing a part of the world only with him.

Comment

On our date nights we play games or he finds fun quizzes for us to take. We have also watched movies. Most of the time though, we just enjoy talking to each other about our relationship and future plans.

Comment

We've watched many series together, sometimes a few episodes in a row. It's really great to watch something together and comment on what we see at the same time. It gives the feeling of experiencing something together and also gives opportunity to find out how we react to things that happen in movies. Sometimes it triggers conversations about what we think about particular behavior or issues. And sometimes it's just nice to have both people laughing on Skype over the same thing!

Comment

We Skype on the days when she doesn't have college and when I have time. We sing for each other, we role play on acting characters, we watch youtube videos together (she loves Ushi, the dutch comedian), we sometimes send each other pictures of the area or of ourselves..

When I am going to visit her in San francisco, i stay a month, and we will have 31 dates. A date a day.

Comment

We don't do dates, I prefer to be spontaneous - doing what we like in the moment. Sometimes we listen to our common playlist in parallel, eat supper, have the camera still on when we do random stuff around the house/homework/.., she teaches me her language...
                  She sometimes sends a picture-composition.

Comment

We have spontaneous times, too, but we also plan a date night at least once a week. It keeps it special, and it shows we make time for one another. We have watched movies together, played games online, and watched videos together via screenshare on Skype. I like to save links to articles online or funny pics to share with him, too, for our date times. It gives us something to do. We also had a dinner together one night. That was special. We dressed up and both had candles, so it was like a real date.

Comment

Originally posted by Tesfaye View Post
                      So, my boyfriend and I were having a little trouble, but of course we worked things out and it made us stronger. We decided that we'd have a date this weekend. I'm so excited! We decided we're going to watch something "together" on Netflix (still haven't decided on a movie lol). So, I was wondering if anyone else has dates in their LDR. What do you do and how often?
                      our date nights mostly consisted of us listening to love songs and he used to do little dances for me. and we would watch law and order, the same channel and then we would pretend we could cuddle together. but we haven't had a night like that since february 23rd. he's forgotten about me. :'-(

Comment

My boyfriend and I are huge psychology fans, so we LOOOOVE watching Bates Motel. It's been really good since the season just started back up. It's nice to have a show that we both enjoy watching😊

Comment

We never had date nights like that apart from on visits. We have spent whole days /nights online spontaniously, sometimes half planned, but not as often as once a week. I thinks in part he doesn't want to be reminded of what he is missing. When he is with his family as now, there is no internet in the house, and even if it got back, he is always with one of his family members. In season having date nights is even harder, he does not even have his own room. That is one of the reasons I would like us to have our own place in Turkey if I can afford it. I think we could explore the possibilities online more if he had more privacy. I would like to share Netflix with him.
                          Last edited by differentcountries; March 17, 2014, 02:20 PM.
                          I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                          - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Working...
                          X