No announcement yet.

Oh boy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My daughter never really wanted to hear about my SO much before she met him. She loves her dad still very much. We had a very ugly end of the marriage and he has a really bad temper, but that did not matter to her. Now she has met my SO a few times she has told me she likes him and is happy that both me and her Dad are happier. She does not have to watch him yell at me anymore and she says I am always happy when I am with my SO or just talking to him when we are apart. Kids adapt. They stay loyal to their parents on both sides but they adapt well. I am happy to hear you don't have to live with that feeling of waiting for the next shoe to drop anymore. Congrats.
    "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
    Benjamin Franklin

Comment

My daughter is much younger than your children but with her I've just told her small bits as we've gone along. I obviously didn't mention anything for the first few months other than I was talking to a friend on the internet; when I first went to America again I stuck to the friend story.

I think it was after the second visit I started dropping things in about Mummy's friend in America being a man and that one day he might come here to stay with us. They've spoken a few times on skype now and my SO always sends her gifts when he does me. I just hope they get on in the long-term too.

Comment

This is working out so far in the fact that I used to come home from work and go to my room and FaceTime with him for hours. We still do that, but now it's in the kitchen with the kids around so everyone is interacting and I am not locked up alone! And now I seem to always be in a good mood! Lust the fact that we have tickets purchased for three visits, and now he can come here and stay with me! I am a happy girl!
        sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

Comment

Originally posted by TaraMarie View Post
          This is working out so far in the fact that I used to come home from work and go to my room and FaceTime with him for hours. We still do that, but now it's in the kitchen with the kids around so everyone is interacting and I am not locked up alone! And now I seem to always be in a good mood! Lust the fact that we have tickets purchased for three visits, and now he can come here and stay with me! I am a happy girl!
          I am happy to hear that TaraMarie!

I went with the friend thing to start with and as we are in a LDR it's actually easy to take things slow with the kids. First they chatted to him on Skype, he sent them small presents when he sent me stuff. The first few times they met for just a day/several hours. Last time it was a whole weekend. They get on really well with each other. They like to chat to each other on Skype and the girls also make drawings for him, birthday cards etc. And every time he comes over to see me, he brings them pressies.
          I just purchased tickets (because they were on sale) to a near by water park, where we can all go together

Comment

Working...
          X