• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks! That is my boyfriend plan is to get a job and save money

Comment

what about you? couldn't you visit him?

Comment

I have a job and I have school I am too busy to visit him plus I still live with my parents and they won't let me visit him.

Comment

Why won't your parents let you visit him? Have you had the two of your parents talk yet? That might help.
          "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
          Benjamin Franklin

Comment

You are an adult, you can choose your own friends and your boyfriend, and visit them when you can.
            I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
            - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Originally posted by differentcountries View Post
              You are an adult, you can choose your own friends and your boyfriend, and visit them when you can.
              Well, if she lives under their roof, she has certain rules to follow or they don't have to let her live there. In American after 18, you follow the rules or go find your own place. I highly doubt she is paying much towards the house bills, so not really as easy as you might think. It's a choice, I agree for a parent. Live under my roof and my rules or your own roof and live as you want.
              "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
              Benjamin Franklin

Comment

My parents signed a parent guardianship when I turned 18 so they r my guardians until I am 21 . So I have to follow my parents rules until next year

Comment

Originally posted by Ce.dillard@gmail.com View Post
                  My parents signed a parent guardianship when I turned 18 so they r my guardians until I am 21 . So I have to follow my parents rules until next year
                  Something must have occurred for that to have happened? You did this willingly?
                  Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I have dyslexia so I have a learning problem tht is why

Comment

I have dyslexia so I have a learning problem tht is why
                      It makes total sense and I am not judging you I have a very slight form of it myself. I have to check every post 4 times to stop switching letters at times. It sounds like you are responsible enough to know you need their help and so if they are watching out for you, then it is good that you are doing so. I again suggest that you try to let them "meet" your SO and his parents and try to understand he is a real person just like a boy down the street would be, that happens to live an airplane ride away.

Hopefully you and your parents can come to a compromise and figure out what is best for all in this situation. Your SO and his parents can help by also being willing to be open minded about compromises where the two of you can meet up, whether here or there or in between and whether supervised or not initially. Yes, you are an adult by as you said you have accepted this extension of being in their guardianship and so the more you show them you are an adult the more they will treat you as one.
                      Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Then my mistake. You are not your own legal person. And I guess your parents worry that you will not take care of your own interests. How about if you and bf sat down and talked to them, over Skype if he can't come in a while, just explaining your relationship to them? Then they could make up their own mind about him.
                        I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                        - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

maybe talk to them about how you really want to go visit him. say you can pay the trip your self or since he dosnt have a job can you pay for him to see you ?

Comment

Well I have only been driving by myself for two years now and my parents are not ready for me to drive to other states yet. So how can i visit my boyfriend in Georgia ?

Comment

Working...
                            X