Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

He was rushed to the Hospital..Seeking Advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He was rushed to the Hospital..Seeking Advice?

So I've been with my SO for a little over two year years now. He's my best friend and we're always there for each other.
    Today, he woke up with a strange numbness on one side of his body and he couldn't talk. He was rushed to the hospital; it was his mother that gave me a call in the wee hours in the morning my time.
    She'd told me what happened and to go back to sleep as I had school. I couldn't..I just kept thinking about him. Whether he was okay and how he was feeling.
    He finally called me himself and they told him they wanted to do a few tests on him and that they're keeping him for a few nights.
    I can't stop crying or worrying. At times like these he's the one I turn to and now I don't know what to do..
    He said he wants me there but I can't go because of school. It kills me knowing that I can't do anything from all the way over here while he's hurting.
    I can't go to him; at least not until spring break which is in three weeks and that's if I can afford it. We hadn't planned a visit until the summer so we can save up..

Any advice for how to be strong for him and stop crying?..
    Also, any suggestions on how to see him and be there for him?..

It seems you already do what you can. I hope he will be fine. He is at the hospital and his mother is aware, so she can be there for him, too. Hopefully you can visit him soon and they will know more by then.
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Sending lots of positive thoughts.
      I don't know what I would do in your shoes. I couldn't afford to go, so I would probably just worry myself half dead.
      I know my SO would tell me not to worry and promise me he will get better etc.
      Hang in there!

Comment

Can you ask his mum to keep you updated as well? Text you every hour or something like that? I don't have much advice for you but I hope everything is ok with your SO and that you find the funds needed to go visit him at spring break. Best of luck
        We part only to meet again ~ J.Gay

Comment

So sorry this is happening. I would be just as unable to stop crying if I were in your situation. Hope he gets better

As for what you can do, just let him know that he's constantly in your thoughts, as often as you can. Of course he wants you there, but I'm sure he also understands why you can't make it. Good luck.
          I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

This is my worst nightmare, it must be a really worrying situation for you. I know I wouldn't cope very well with it, stay strong, speak to him when you can and remember he's in the best place and will hopefully be much better soon. (((hugs)))

Comment

Can you send a small gift? Fresh fruit or a book or a favorite snack? Maybe his mom could bring something to him for you?
              It is hard when a loved one is in hospital and you are far away but at least you got to speak with him.
              Best wishes for his speedy recovery.

Comment

I know the feeling. My SO ended up in the hospital last month with a suspected heart attack! I wanted to get on the next plane, but I couldn't! I couldn't be there for him when his dad passed last year. It's difficult to stand by and do nothing. It's worse when you can't even be there to hold a hand or give a hug. Sit tight and wait and see what happens. I know that's hard.... If u HAVE TO go after the test results come back, then I am sure you will find a way. Good luck!
                sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

Comment

Oh man I can't even imagine how scary that must be. I would lose my mind worrying. I hope they keep you updated frequently and that it's nothing too serious. *hugs*

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
                  Married April 18th, 2015!!
                  Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

I've been in the same situation as you, though I got a call from him while I was out having dinner with my friends saying he was in the hospital and had to stay for a while. The truth is that there really isn't that much you can do, which is the sucky part about LDR's. Just try and be there for him as much as you can via texts/phone calls/Skype/whatever. He has his family over there that hopefully are there for him, so at least you know he's not alone. Just give him an extra big hug and kiss once you meet!

Hope everything goes well, and that your SO is out of the hospital before you know it!

Met online: February 2011
                    Met the first time: August 16, 2011

Comment

Wow, I'm so sorry this is happening. I know it's not very helpful when you don't know what the problem is, but I've been in a similar situation when I was younger and met a lot of people who had it worse than me. Doctors fixed us all up pretty great and pretty quickly.

For visits, do you guys drive to see each other, or fly? For now, does he have access to a laptop with a webcam?

Married: June 9th, 2015

Comment

I have been on his end of the situation, being the one in the hospital. The encouraging and check up messages from my SO really helped. My mom texted him pictures of me (when I looked HORRIBLE) and updates pretty often (she was updating my father as well). He sent me flowers and that raised my spirits. I know how stressful it must be, because having been on the other end I would have loved to have my SO there when I was scared, but every little thing he did helped.

Comment

Sending good vibes your way!
                          https://wearenottrayvonmartin.tumblr.com/
                          Makes my heart feel better a tiny bit.

Comment

I'm so sorry this has happened. I hope he gets good news from the test results. Do anything you can to connect over the miles during this stressful time - send card, texts, emails (if someone can share them with him), etc. When he gets back home, you can send some handmade gifts.

I've been in the situation when my SO was hurting from a tragedy, and I couldn't be there for him. It makes you feel like your heart is ripping out. Just let him know that you'd love to be there and that you miss you. He'll appreciate knowing you care enough to worry.

If you have the money for the trip, maybe you could work something out to miss a few days of school? Sometimes teachers/professors are willing to work something out for an emergency like this, if you are willing to keep the work up.

This is one of those times that the distance sucks.

Comment

While my SO wasn't in the hospital, a few months ago he had a bad case of the H1N1 flu. He couldn't keep anything down for some of the time, and I worried myself sick about dehydration and him being in Texas with no one taking care of him. He was really weak, and I was also worried about pneumonia. It felt awful not being able to be there for him and all the worry. I feel for both you and him;God bless you both. Its great that his mother keeps in touch with you. I agree with others. Send him a card with a letter from you and flowers if you can afford them and ask his Mom to give you updates at least once a day, and try to keep as calm as you can. He's in the right place to get well and get help. Ill be praying for both of you.

Comment

Working...
                              X