What do I do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do I do?

I love my boyfriend very much, it's just lately sometimes our phone calls get a bit silent and boring...sometimes I'm afraid to say anything...any ideas on how to make a convo spark up?

Originally posted by whiso View Post
    I love my boyfriend very much, it's just lately sometimes our phone calls get a bit silent and boring...sometimes I'm afraid to say anything...any ideas on how to make a convo spark up?
    There are tons of ideas floating around the forum, take some time and read around, use the search option for ideas there are tons here. Also Welcome

Comment

I think this happen when you are just being with each other continuously and then after some time nothing left to talk.
      I would suggest stop the phone calls and just bump into each other, spending time with each other will makeup it.

Comment

Try doing with together online like watching movies or favorite TVs while skyping about it. Me and BF also joined a chatroom together, when nooone there nos we are a couple. This is kinda fun to flirt all undercover.
        "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
        Benjamin Franklin

Comment

That happened to us a bit after a while. Then I googled "100 questions for couples" and things got intriquing again, because not only did I learn more about him, but I managed to ask him questions no one had ever asked him before. It may feel silly in the beginning, but once you get the hang of it it ...just works. There are books to buy with questions like that, too.

Or... you can exchange pictures, YouTube videos, cartoons, links, whatever. We don't watch movies together because he does not have a computer and it would drain his smart phone, but we exchange smaller stuff.

Over Skype you can sing (live or record it), I do that to him sometimes.

Also, I reccomend having a straight converstation on when you want to call/Skype, how often, how long etc. My boyfriend was afraid to say it in the beginning that 2 whole hours of Skyping every night was a bit too much, when I admitted I needed sleep/headspace he was relieved. And actually WANTED to talk to me again. We refer to those 2 months as "our honeymoon" and agree they were fun but also draining. Also, when we have life outside of Skype it is more fun to talk. And he loves taking pictures and posting them to me on Viber, sometimes that makes me feel closer than when we Skype.
          I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
          - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Based on your profile you relationship began in Feb? You are just over a month in, and you have nothing to talk about everyday? That's a problem! You can't possibly know everything there is to know about each other. I was married for 30 years and there are STILL things I dint know about my ex husband. Write down a list of questions, mad dint settle for yes and no answers. Good luck!
            sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

Comment

You don't aways have things to say... That's just how it is.
              I sometimes have that with my SO as well. I always feel awefull when we've finised a skype session and we didnt really have anything to say.
              But two days later, you might just talk non-stop for an hour.

I don't know how your timezones are, but me and my SO is 9 hours ahead. So we don't get to share stuff the whole day through. We can only chat so much in one day. (which might also be a good idea for you. I don't know about your text/whatsapp habits. But if you share everything instantly it's not weird you dont have stuff to chat about. Try and 'save up' topics and things you want to share and talk about it over the phone)

What I do to avoid silent meet-ups on skype is just write down things i want to share, things that come to mind and things that have happened during the day.
              So when we have a dull moment on skype I check my list and most of the time just telling him 1 of those things starts a whole new conversation.
              It might sound stupid. Like: I'm not gonna write down things I want to chat about with my SO, conversations need to be spontanious.
              Yeah well.. In a close distance relationship you share things that have happened that day every evening. In an LDR sometimes thats just not possible.

I think it's a little soon to give up after such a short time. Maybe he feels a bit awkward to chat over the phone. I dont know.
              Maybe you both still have to get used to the LDR situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaac View Post
                I sometimes have that with my SO as well. I always feel awefull when we've finised a skype session and we didnt really have anything to say.

I don't know how your timezones are, but me and my SO is 9 hours ahead. So we don't get to share stuff the whole day through. We can only chat so much in one day. (which might also be a good idea for you. I don't know about your text/whatsapp habits. But if you share everything instantly it's not weird you dont have stuff to chat about. Try and 'save up' topics and things you want to share and talk about it over the phone)

What I do to avoid silent meet-ups on skype is just write down things i want to share, things that come to mind and things that have happened during the day.
                So when we have a dull moment on skype I check my list and most of the time just telling him 1 of those things starts a whole new conversation.
                It might sound stupid. Like: I'm not gonna write down things I want to chat about with my SO, conversations need to be spontanious.
                Yeah well.. In a close distance relationship you share things that have happened that day every evening. In an LDR sometimes thats just not possible.

I think it's a little soon to give up after such a short time. Maybe he feels a bit awkward to chat over the phone. I dont know.
                This is exactly what I would have said if I had found the words to say it
                "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

Originally posted by Jaac View Post

I like your idea of jotting things down that you want to share or discuss with your SO. I think that would help us, too. We so often end up with small talk, or flirting and playing, that we neglect the serious discussions we sometimes need, that would help us to handle things better when the going gets rough.

TWO HEARTS BEATING AS ONE, LOVE BRIGHTER THAN THE SUN...

Nothing Can Keep Us Apart, Safe In Each Other's Heart

Comment

Working...
                  X