New Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Here

Hello everyone, my name is Johana and I'm new here. I've been in a LDR since December 2013. I live in California and he lives in Texas. I went to see him for 7 days in February, i meet his family and it was amazing. He will be here in April. It's been an amazing ride so far, I can actually say we are in love. We have made so many decisions together on alot of things, it seems like we have known eachother forever. We have cell phones under the same acct, he wants to live together, so we r looking for a place, we have passwords to each other's emails, facebook, things like that. We don't hide anything from eachother, we talk everyday, he calls me on his breaks and lunch. We video chat every morning and every night. I feel I have found my soul mate.......we have talked about marriage, and said it will happen eventually. He bought us rings already, he makes me so happy. I just miss him like crazy, what is there I can do to not be so sad and miss him the way I do?

Welcome to LFAD! It's great that you guys are so open with each other. My SO have been like that from the start as well and also said "I love you" very early on. How did you two meet?

Afraid I can't help you much with not being so sad though. Other than trying to keep yourself busy throughout the day, I don't know.
    "You let me in your heart and out of my head."

Comment

Originally posted by melarie View Post
      Welcome to LFAD! It's great that you guys are so open with each other. My SO have been like that from the start as well and also said "I love you" very early on. How did you two meet?

Afraid I can't help you much with not being so sad though. Other than trying to keep yourself busy throughout the day, I don't know.

He told me he loved me first within a few days of talking, it was just a different feeling talking to him and I knew I was falling in love. We met online and since his first hello, we have been inseparable. Yeah I try to stay busy, but he's always on my mind, I look forward to his calls and texts. I love being in love, it's amazing.

Comment

Well welcome to LFAD! =)
        I try to keep myself busy, talking with other people, hanging out with friends. It kinda takes away from the loneliness of it all.
        If you need to talk, I won't mind a conversation =)
        "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

Hi and welcome!
          Did I read correctly Dec 2013...? My best wishes to you both.
          My preference is to go slow and get to know the person as well as enjoy the START of new relationship.
          Keep busy and make sure you have interests / hobbies you enjoy when apart from your SO
          Last edited by Elizabeth123; March 22, 2014, 10:52 PM. Reason: added info

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Thank u, and yeah I try to stay busy, alot of my so called friends don't agree with this kind of relationship but I'm not here to make anyone else happy but myself and my bf. Thanks again

Comment

Thank u, and yes we r taking it slow, but you can't help how u feel.

Comment

Hi, welcome to LFAD! Good luck with your relationship! I second the part about taking things slow, even if you want to move fast, just because I know how much I've appreciated my SO and I going slow in our relationship. It's important to develop your friendship, and get to know each other lots, which I'm sure you are doing, but just keep doing it. But also like the others said, keep busy is the best way to avoid being sad, and also knowing that you will see him again even if it feels like ages away. Skype is the best thing for LDR couples, closest thing to being there in person. I hope things work out for you.

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Try some of the ideas in this link: https://www.lovingfromadistance.com/...uplestodo.html

Comment

Thank u, yes we have oovoo, and it helps a lot

Comment

Yes welcome to the forum! It is difficult to not miss your SO when you're apart and become sad. I think it helps to have regular meeting times on Skype or whatever you use to communicate with each other, and knowing the other person is thinking about you all the time like you are about them. Being apart is rough, especially when you have times you need a hug or just want to share someplace with them or go out to eat, etc. LDRs are hard, but they also force good communication between a couple, which leads to knowing each other well. You will never not miss them but you will realize you are so lucky to have found this person that the difficulty is all worth it! Best of luck to you and Im happy you get to see each other again so soon!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD.

Comment

wow thank you, i needed that. yeah we oovoo on a daily basis, and texts help alot too. its hard but if the love is there, it will all work out.

Comment

thank you

Comment

Working...
                              X