New Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome! Hope we can all help.
    Keep yourself busy as I'm sure everyone else has said to not miss him as much. You honestly just get used to it but it still will hurt.
    And ignore me if you wish, but I don't know if it is very wise to be buying engagement rings when you've been dating for 3 months and are still in the easy going honeymoon stage. Make sure you know what you're getting yourself into. This is not a judgement, just making sure you don't regret anything. Good luck!

Comment

I have to say since I discovered this LFAD Forum I use it alot when I feel down. On the one hand it's just distracting me when I read through the threads or it cheers me up to read about things and ideas to do when apart. And on the other hand its helping so much to see that I'm not alone. It's a good feeling to see that other couples are going through the same thing, that they know how I feel and that it is possible!

Comment

Welcome to the forum! Moving together is such a big step, especially because of the difficulties if it doesn't work out. I would make sure you spend a good amount of time together in person before deciding something like this to make sure. And for the sadness, keeping busy is the best thing to do. I have a playlist of songs to cheer me up. As for your friends that don't understand, that's common. Perhaps you should explain to them how this is more common these days. I wouldn't be comfortable with the level of sharing you have as my SO and I enjoy having separate private things, and that helps us. Whatever works for you is best though. I need to have a place separate for myself, which especially helps when he isn't here.

Comment

Welcome to the forum! I wish you and your SO the best!
          Our love story:
          Attended the same high school 2004-2007
          Dated CD: June 2009-July 2010
          Reconnected: August 2012
          Began dating LD: November 2012
          Engaged! March 2014
          Closing the distance: December 2015

Comment

Working...
          X