So far, it seems to be working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So far, it seems to be working

My SO started his new job three weeks ago, in NY, which I was very upset about. He LOVES it. It's the best career change he could have asked for....and I am so happy for him. Financially, things are looking up for him and that is wonderful news. The only BETTER news would be if he could transfer to ATLANTA. That remains to be seen at the end of the summer. He was with me for 10 days before he started this new job. He is coming here a week from Friday for the weekend and to meet my kids! Then I fly to NY April 24 for the weekend (and to see Les Mis on Broadway!). I fly back there may 9 for our two year anniversary, and then he comes back here for Memorial Day weekend! We have two trips planned in June......and I am flying up there with my kids on July 3 to see wicked on Broadway ( super excited). We will stay until the 10 then he will drive back with me to spend the week. If we can manage to see each other every other weekend....I can make this work for a while! I hope the finances hold out. It's so much easier to deal with all of this when there are firm dates! I CAN do this!
    sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

Good for you
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Wow! You guys have a lot of trips planned-- that's great! I'm so happy for him with his career change. Here's hoping he can get the transfer at the end of the summer... but even if not, things are looking up anyway.
      Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
      Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
      Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

Originally posted by kittyo9 View Post
        Wow! You guys have a lot of trips planned-- that's great! I'm so happy for him with his career change. Here's hoping he can get the transfer at the end of the summer... but even if not, things are looking up anyway.
        Thanks. I am a planner. I have to have set plans or I go nuts! Lol. That drives HIM nuts!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TaraMarie View Post
          Thanks. I am a planner. I have to have set plans or I go nuts! Lol. That drives HIM nuts!
          Hahaha me too, I have had a very difficult time not being able to plan our next visit for exactly that reason.
          Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
          Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
          Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

Originally posted by TaraMarie View Post
            My SO loves the planner size of me because he reaps the benefits. It's nice when one person in a relationship puts things together while the other does something fun more spontaneously. It is the perfect combination for us. I'm glad things are looking up now and your kids will get to know him better now.

Comment

I'm happy for you that you can plan these trips and have the visits to look forward to, but I'm jealous, too! It sounds like you both will be having some fun times. I hope the transfer works out, and I hope the meeting with your kids goes well. I'm sure you are nervous about that. I'm nervous about the time I'll have to meet my SO's family. I'm scared they won't accept me.

Comment

Wow! I'm glad things are looking up I'm totally a planner too and it drives me crazy to not be able to plan things and my SO is a lot more spontaneous than I. I think it's awesome that you have so many visits planned within the span of a few months! I'm sure many of us would love to be able to have that many visits in a four month period; enjoy them and enjoy Les Mis! I hear that it's awesome to see.
                Our love story:
                Attended the same high school 2004-2007
                Dated CD: June 2009-July 2010
                Reconnected: August 2012
                Began dating LD: November 2012
                Engaged! March 2014
                Closing the distance: December 2015

Comment

Great news! Glad to hear things are looking up

Comment

Wonderful news! Sounds like a busy time ahead, and a real adventure for you, your SO, and the kids. I wish all of you much happiness.

TWO HEARTS BEATING AS ONE, LOVE BRIGHTER THAN THE SUN...

Nothing Can Keep Us Apart, Safe In Each Other's Heart

Comment

So happy to read this

Comment

Thank you, everyone. LDR's are much tougher than I thought. I don't know how you guys do this. The longest we have been apart was 3 1/2months. That was in the very beginning and I had just opened a new business and was working 80 hour weeks. Since then we have seen each other a minimum of once a month, but closer to once every three weeks. And it's damn hard! I know we will be lucky to have every other week. God bless the rest of you who go months....or years. I dint think I could do it!
                        sigpic

Comment

Very happy for you.Hope the transfer to Atlanta works out for you too!

Comment

Working...
                          X