Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Longest you have gone with out seeing your SO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow you all go a long time! your all alot stronger then i am

Comment

5 so far, still 5 to go :/

Comment

Our longest time apart so far has been 6 months. It was extremely hard, but I shouldn't complain. For being an international couple, we see each other pretty frequently!

Comment

Longest we've spent apart is 6 months, shortest time is about a month. We normally go about 3 months without seeing each other (I'm going out there tomorrow for the weekend) but for a Spain-UK couple who are both still studying and working I think we do quite well!!

Comment

2 years.
            Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
            Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
            Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

I knew my SO from the past, but I haven't seen him in years. He got back in touch with me 4/23/13 and we haven't been together since then, but the time is coming soon (within the next cpl months) when we will close the distance so I'm looking forward to that!

Comment

4 months at the very beginning of our relationship. We went from A few days before fall semester all the way to Thanksgiving. I thought I wouldn't make it some days. Then junior and senior year we'd get weekend breaks every 6 weeks or so. This final year of LD, the longest has been two weeks (I know, it is nothing compared to others) but right now we're at our last longest time apart (one month) and he's coming to see me next weekend...I hope this all made sense...

Comment

Longest have been 3 and a half months...

Comment

so far it has been about 5,5 months.
                    But I have no idea how long it's gonna take now.
                    It's a very complicated situation, so it might be half a year, it might be a year.. Nobody knows
                    We're gonna have to see what happens througout the year.

Comment

8 months here. hope we'll meet at the end of april/the beginning of may

Comment

By the time I see her in June it'll have been 1 year and 4 months. It's been torture but seeing each other is that much more special when you have to wait that long.
                        my girls <3

Josie (SO)
                        Met online ~ 17th August 2017 ~
                        Met in person ~ 30th August 2017 ~
                        Became official ~ 15th September 2017 ~
                        Closed the distance and moved in together! ~ 18th June 2018 ~

Ash
                        Met online ~ 21st November 2018 ~
                        Met in person ~ 26th November 2018 ~
                        Became official ~ 4th December 2018 ~
                        All moved in together! ~ 30th May 2019 ~

Comment

I've known my SO for ~10 years now, we've been together for 3.
                          I met him for the first time in 2012, so I guess that'd be 8 years without seeing each other?
                          But in the 3 years we've been together officially, the longest I've gone without seeing him was probably from March 2011 when we made it official to June 2012 when I first met him - 1 year and 3 months!
                          Definitely worth the wait though.
                          [CENTER]

first met: ~10.03
                          became official: 28.03.11
                          first meeting: 08.06.12 - 24.06.12 (jason in vancouver)
                          second meeting: 18.07.13 - 30.07.13 (jason in vancouver)
                          our first vacation together: 30.07.13 - 20.08.13 (cynthia in new orleans)
                          third meeting: 14.12.13 - 03.01.14 (cynthia in new orleans)
                          fourth meeting: 21.05.14-02.06.14 (jason in vancouver)
                          surprise! 13.08.14-27.08.14 (cynthia surprises jason in new orleans)
                          viva las vegas: 21.12.14 - 24.12.14 (c+j vacation together in vegas!)
                          jason's 1st canadian christmas: 24.12.14-02.01.15
                          my first mardi gras: 12.02.15-20.02.15

Comment

We have yet to meet, although I haven't uncrossed my fingers that he would still be able to visit me in August. Somehow, reading through these posts humbles me and reminds me to be patient as people all over the world have waited far longer, and are still waiting and not giving up hope to be with the person they love. Kudos to all of us!
                            "Unless it's mad, passionate, extraordinary love.. it's a waste of your time. There are too many mediocre things in life; love shouldn't be one of them."

Comment

11 months and it will already be 14 months until i seem.

11 months earlier I couldn't imagine not seeing him so long, but we had to wait, so better to be strong and wait until next visit, it's difficult but that second when I see him next I know I will automaticly forget that I waited for that for so long.

Comment

Not exessively long, but when I go to see him now at the end of the month, it will have been 4 months since we saw each other last. The longest one before that was 3 1/2 months. The reason it has been so long this time, was I lost my old job and found a new one, plus having to pay some extra bills. It has def been a lot of crying and I miss you's lately. Luckily, my new job is somewhat flexible and I have been told that in the future, I can probably do some of the work from Turkey when I am there.
                                I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                                - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Working...
                                X