I met this girl on Omegle..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I met this girl on Omegle..

Hello everyone, I saw this forum on google and found it interesting..
    I kind of need some advice on my situation, so let me start off.

I was really bored, so I decided to visit Omegle but like usual texting, I decided to go for the Video one.
    I was quite shy, so I decided not to show my face but only my torso..
    After so many amount of trolls, I came across this girl she looked so beautiful and we just started talking to each other from that moment on.
    In my mind I kept saying "I hope she doesen't skip me."
    She looked so pretty with her shiny hair, and her cute glasses, I coulden't get her off my mind from that day on. I asked her if she had Kik, and she gave it to me, and we kept in contact from that day on, we spoke every single day all day through Kik.
    Not long ago, I suggested to her that we could voice chat on Skype, and she agreed. That day, we spoke 6 hours straight. She turned on her video, and showed me her little cute brother and her whole house, she eated while talking to me, and showed me alot of pictures from her other phone of her family and friends, and moments of her life. I got to name her 'toy pet' and everything. She told me she drawed stuff, and drawed for me. Then she was just laying on her bed with her phone speaking to me. I shared personal moments of my life with her, and I just had a great time. I had to leave then because we have a time difference of 6 hours. It was 5:00 AM for me and 11:00 for her. She told me she had never spoke so long with anyone on skype ever, and I was the first. I felt really happy that day after speaking with her, and I slept really well and coulden't stop thinking about her until I fell asleep. In that sameday I told her I liked her in a 'more-than-friends' way. So basicly my english is not very good when speaking, so according to her I said: "I kind of want to be more than 'breast friends." xD..
    So, yes we laughed alot about many things. In the end of the call, I told her that 'We should do this again sometime.' and she agreed saying "Yeah we should, but when we both have time." She is pilled with homework everyday, I understand she can't skype me everyday, but I miss her so muuch.
    She basicly gets home from school at 16:00 PM while here it's 21:00 PM, but I don't mind staying up late just to hear her voice and hear her laugh and talk to me.
    I love to hear her laugh, hearing her just makes my day.
    When I told her I liked her in that way, she told me, that she wants to "Get to know me better" for now. (She got off a relation, in January.)
    She's a really sweet, caring, honest person. I love her for what she is.
    She lives in Minnesota, US and I live in Portugal, Europe.
    I even made a playlist for her.
    I told her once, that I would totally take her out on a date if I lived near her, then she said my mom woulden't let me she's very protective and that her mom almost doesen't let her out after school, she said it would be very hard to convince her mom. Then I joked that, I could throw a rock at her window and she could sneak out or, or convince her mom she was going out with some friends one day. She laughed a little and agreed.
    I was already planning to visit the US when I was 18. ( I'm 17 ). She's ( 16 ).

My doubts and worries:
    -I don't know if she feels the same way about me.
    -I don't know how to carry on with this, because I've never really had a relation.
    -I'm really afraid she meets some boy in real life, and forgets about what I feel for her or starts having feelings for someone else rather than me.
    -I'm not afraid about the fact of her mom, I deeply believe once her mom gets to know me better she will trust me. ( I haven't met her mom yet.)
    -She had a rough childhood, I believe it's something to do with her father.
    -I think about her every single day, 24/7.
    -I need someone to guide me through this, because this is totally new for me.

What I feel for her, I've never felt for anyone ever.

I'd love to have some positive advices from the community.

--

Thank you everyone for reading,

Tiago.
    Last edited by RTWTiago; April 2, 2014, 08:57 AM.

Hi Tiago,

Welcome to LFAD! Thanks for joining.

In the beginning, LDRs can be really scary, and for good reason. If I had to give you one piece of advice, it would be this: trust. LDRs require a great deal of trust from both parties. That means trusting that your partner won't cheat, trusting they feel the same way, trusting that your relationship will survive, and full trust in the other person in general. Yes, LDRs are vulnerable, but I think that's the beauty of love. You have to take a risk, and if the other person is truly worth it, then it's fully justified.

About first relationships...I've heard it said that first relationships are always rocky because people are still trying to figure themselves out. I think that's true, but it doesn't mean they can't succeed. Just find a good balance between leniency and overprotectiveness, and make sure you have time for yourself, over all things. Oftentimes, in relationships, we get so caught into the other person that it's difficult to remember to love yourself.

Lastly, what I think is the second most important thing to have in an LDR (the first being trust): communication. That does not necessarily mean frequency of communication, it means effectiveness. The ability to make the most out of your communication. The awareness of involvement from both parties. The ability to ask tough questions when you need too. Personally, I think discussing and being open about things is far better than beating around the bush, because you accomplish nothing by doing that. Make sure you are in a happy and safe relationship.

That is my best advice, albeit condensed! I wish you nothing but the best in this relationship. Remember, I'm always here if you need me

Comment

Stay connected with her, even when you can't Skype. It will help you feel better when you are apart, if you can do something for her. Try some ideas here: https://www.lovingfromadistance.com/...uplestodo.html. It's amazing what all you can do over Skype. My SO and I are still discovering new activities to try. We screen share articles we like online or videos. I'll email him links to fun or interesting articles sometimes, too. I've written him poems. He likes to take pictures of stuff from his day and email them to me. We play computer games together. He has sent me packages with personal items of his, and I have done the same. You can get creative when necessary.

Make the best of the long-distance relationship until you can see each other. Use it as a time to get to know one another.

Comment

Hi there! Welcome to LFAD! [Deleted] and piratemama gave some great advice, and I also wanted to add my favourite advice.. and that is to take things slow! Especially since she just got out of a relationship and also has had a troubled childhood, but just keep connected, keep getting to know each other, enjoy being able to talk to each other. Trust her, and you will become even more comfortable with each other, and able to open up more with each other and trust each other more as you get to know each other. Also patience is important, especially in LDRs. Good luck, your story sounds so cute, I wish you much happiness in your future!

Comment

Thank you so much for your awsome advices!
          I was so confused about everything, this is a brand new road for me.
          I'll follow your advices, and make the best out of it, thank so much guys.

Comment

I'll keep you guys updated about everything.

Comment

Working...
            X