Positive Side of LDR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Positive Side of LDR

Hello guys, hope all are you doing well.
    So i am here to ask you all what are the good points or benefits you find being in LDR.

Like i think when you are in LDR you have many things to talk and share comparison to when you are with your loved one.
    So i would love to hear your thoughts.

I believe LDR makes us stronger as a couple and it makes us appreciate each other, and the time spent together, more.

Comment

Hm... Spend just good quality time together
      Doing thoughtful things for the other
      Never boring
      You have to be serious to bother to do something so timeconsuming and moneydraining
      Good training in communication
      Learning a new language
      Experiencing a new culture
      I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
      - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

To be honest the best thing about being in an LDR is my SO. I doubt I could do it with anyone other than him.

Comment

IMO it's just having him in my life. Other than that, it sucks!
          sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

Comment

Honestly I don't this there are any positive sides about a LDR. You can only try to see the circumstances in a positive way, for example I appreciate time with my SO very much because I don't see them often or we get stronger as a couple because we are going through this together.

But if there was a choice I would never choose a distance relationship instead of a "normal" one.

Comment

They won't annoy or smother you as much as they would in person to become to the point it gets annoying. You still get to do whatever you want with your friends and when you want. You get your space. The positive is they can't show up whenever they please without being uninvited and you don't feel like hanging out with anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by ldrxoxo View Post
                They won't annoy or smother you as much as they would in person to become to the point it gets annoying. You still get to do whatever you want with your friends and when you want. You get your space. The positive is they can't show up whenever they please without being uninvited and you don't feel like hanging out with anyone.
                Someone in a close distance relationship shouldn't do this either!

Comment

Seriously!! ^^

The butterflies you get when you see each other again! I get them every single time!
                  Last edited by Mims27; April 2, 2014, 06:31 AM.

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
                  Married April 18th, 2015!!
                  Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

Also if you break up they won't be able to be a psycho ex keeping tabs on your whereabouts.

While some people would view the things I consider positive, negatively, having been smothered by townies who can't take a hint, a LDR is a breath of fresh air getting your own space when you don't want unwanted people. Townies take advantage of the close distance.
                    Last edited by ldrxoxo; April 2, 2014, 06:39 AM.

Comment

There are lots of positives that I tried to get my interest to see but he wanted things to happen right away and since they can't happen right away we are where we are. You can travel to new places and get out of your town when you're tired of living in your town, you have another home to go to. In a LDR, you may or may not live in a town where everyone knows your business to start drama and gossip. In my town, everyone knows everyone and I'm tired of meeting someone new here only to find they're connected to people I never want to see again so LDR does have advantages: knowing new people and getting a fresh start.

You just don't get to go on dates or go over to someone's house whenever you want which should make spending time valuable so they DON'T try to start arguments whenever you get the chance to hang out.

Comment

Like other people have said, the ability to travel and experience other cultures is great. Not that you couldn't do that if you were single or in a closed distance relationship, but it gives you a place to stay and your own personal tour guide! Also while we would be able to work this out if we were together so it's not a huge thing, I'm working towards my career right now and being in a LDR I can work as much overtime etc, as I need. Only, I'm slightly more attached to my phone than I would be if we were closed distance :P But that's a minor thing and that's something I'm confident we'd work out if we were together.

I guess there aren't really too many PROS, I mean it's being separated from the person you love! But I think of it more that there are positives in any situation and those are the ones that come to mind.

Comment

I have thought about this plenty of times. People always ask me how I am able to be in a LDR.
                          In my situations, I like that we are both from different countries. We have different cultures, traditions, and customs that it makes it more interesting to talk about with your SO and you get to experience different and really cool things with them.
                          Food is another thing, you get to try reeeeally good food.
                          Also, I tend to thing more about our relationship and how much I love it, what I love about it, I appreciate things more.
                          When you are with the right person, they make the LDR easier for you. It makes you work harder to make things work
                          sigpic
                          Met August 2012
                          Official Nov. 18 2012
                          Visited him in Italy August 8 2013
                          He's visiting April 7-28 2014
                          I visited: Aug. 26-Sept. 25 2014

Comment

I'm pretty OK with being LD, people who are negative towards it should try changing their perspective

I think communication is better, because it's all you have most of the time. You don't get huge periods of silence while watching TV, doing chores, going about your daily routine.
                            You're kind of guaranteed to be excited to see each other.
                            Travel!
                            You get more time to develop yourself, and your hobbies.
                            I can skip shaving my legs a lot in the Winter
                            LD makes it harder to take each other for granted.
                            I am the Master of the Remote, mwuhahahaha!
                            If you're international, you have a great opportunity to learn a new culture, and a new language. And drink different beer!
                            It can give you a feeling of security about your partner's feelings for you. Who would bother with LD, especially long-term, unless they were really, really into you?

Yep, there are bad parts, but we chose this, so try looking at the positives wherever we can.
                            Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

I don't have to wear pants to any of our dates.
                              Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
                              Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
                              Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

Working...
                              X