Breakups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breakups

Today has officially been the most horrible day ive had this year. Getting written up at work and going through Family Drama. I go to work and been sent a message from my boyfriend that said "Im so sorry,but I dont think long distance is working for me". Explains why hes been distant from me other than the miles apart. Idk why its happend and im guessing its because A)he wants someone in the same country/town or B)Hes been seeing someone C)All of the above. Im guessing C,*sigh* this is the first time ive ever had a guy breakup with me. Considering this is only the second boyfriend ive ever had. Im really sad right now,I thought we were really close and i loved talking to him and it always amazed me how similar we were. But now it seems he still wants me to come over and visit with him and do a mega road trip and whatnot but I dont think Id be happy about that. Yea i have some friends ive made through him that i would love to go see but the main reason was to just go see him. What do yall think?

I think he is reluctant about the break up. He wants to see if he changes his mind once he sees you in person. I don't know if it is a good idea, especially with these other things on your mind and the high cost of tickets.
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Firstly I'm sorry to hear that you've broken up, I know it's difficult now, but things will get better!

Personally if I was in this situation, I wouldn't go to see him. If you've made other friends where he is and really want to see those then go for it, but I think he's being really funny asking you to still visit after he's broken up with you.

You'll still have feelings for him, and it'll probably end up hurting more than doing any good.
      Best of luck sweetie

Comment

Originally posted by Aussiegal View Post
        Today has officially been the most horrible day ive had this year. Getting written up at work and going through Family Drama. I go to work and been sent a message from my boyfriend that said "Im so sorry,but I dont think long distance is working for me". Explains why hes been distant from me other than the miles apart. Idk why its happend and im guessing its because A)he wants someone in the same country/town or B)Hes been seeing someone C)All of the above. Im guessing C,*sigh* this is the first time ive ever had a guy breakup with me. Considering this is only the second boyfriend ive ever had. Im really sad right now,I thought we were really close and i loved talking to him and it always amazed me how similar we were. But now it seems he still wants me to come over and visit with him and do a mega road trip and whatnot but I dont think Id be happy about that. Yea i have some friends ive made through him that i would love to go see but the main reason was to just go see him. What do yall think?
        Before you go jumping to conclusions, I think you need to talk to him and ask him what happened. Did he actually tell you it's over, and he doesn't want anything to do with you anymore? Right now you are just second-guessing him, and that never works. If he has left communication open, you need to talk to him. But take a few days to calm down. It might be just as he said, that he is having trouble dealing with the distance. The fact that he still wants to see you might indicate that he really doesn't want to break up with you, but he's scared and confused right now.

TWO HEARTS BEATING AS ONE, LOVE BRIGHTER THAN THE SUN...

Nothing Can Keep Us Apart, Safe In Each Other's Heart

Comment

I'm so sorry.

As for the trip, personally I would suggest not going. I think it'll just be too fresh and hurt too much right now, even if there are other friends to see.

Comment

Yeah seriously, don't go on that trip.

I'm sorry to hear this though.

Comment

Originally posted by AussieAmericanGirl66 View Post
              Before you go jumping to conclusions, I think you need to talk to him and ask him what happened. Did he actually tell you it's over, and he doesn't want anything to do with you anymore? Right now you are just second-guessing him, and that never works. If he has left communication open, you need to talk to him. But take a few days to calm down. It might be just as he said, that he is having trouble dealing with the distance. The fact that he still wants to see you might indicate that he really doesn't want to break up with you, but he's scared and confused right now.
              I do agree with the other posters, though. This probably is not the time to go see him. You need to work on communication first. Get back on track with him first.
              I hope it all turns out for you.

TWO HEARTS BEATING AS ONE, LOVE BRIGHTER THAN THE SUN...

Nothing Can Keep Us Apart, Safe In Each Other's Heart

Comment

Happy late birthday! I'm sorry so many things happened on that day.

I think you should talk to him before you come to the conclusion that your relationship is over. He could have been having a moment of doubt or weakness, we've all been there. I'll be honest, I totally hate the distance but deal with it and some days are better than others. After you talk, if he is indeed ending the relationship, I would think if going on that trip still would be what's best for you. I believe it would be difficult to experience all of those things with him so soon after a breakup but that is my personal opinion. If you want to wait until the two of you are able to be friends without the breakup pain, then going on the trip should be fine. Please consider yourself and feelings though and don't feel pressured either way.
                Our love story:
                Attended the same high school 2004-2007
                Dated CD: June 2009-July 2010
                Reconnected: August 2012
                Began dating LD: November 2012
                Engaged! March 2014
                Closing the distance: December 2015

Comment

Working...
                X