Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thoughts on Transferring to School in Chicago next Year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts on Transferring to School in Chicago next Year?

Hey everyone,

I will be going back to school this Summer to finish up my Associate of Science Degree. If I go to school full time, with no breaks, I can earn my degree by Summer 2015. My dream is to be an Architect and I've been doing some research where there are good universities to transfer too and also where most of the Architect careers are located. I've been looking at University of Illinois which is downtown in Chicago. They have a great Architect program and I just emailed the advisor in the Architect program about my interest in the school. Also I was looking at Job websites and there are many Architect jobs in Chicago. Now my So also lives 15 minutes away from Chicago, which is a BONUS!! This is want I really want to do more than anything be much closer to my SO, and also move to an area where I can get a great education and my major is in demand. I'm ready to move on and start a new journey after I get my Associate's Degree? Should I make the big move? I need thoughts and feedback.

If the primary reason for moving to Chicago is because it is a great location for advancing toward a career in architecture, go for it. Just make sure to evaluate the financial costs that will come with moving to a large city for school. While closing the majority of distance with an SO is a nice perk, it shouldn't be the primary reason for the move. I hope it works out and the goals you have for your career are achieved.
    When two hearts are meant for each other, no distance is too far,
    no time is too long, and no other love can break them apart.

Comment

I agree..if the reason for the transfer will better your education in the field you want to pursue, then go for it! And having your SO close by is definitely a plus! Hope it all works out, good luck (:

Comment

Working...
      X