Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

missing SO's birthday

*sigh*

My guy's birthday is today (his time) and I'm just bummed about not being able to ever be around for those special things.

I sent him a present, and I had a mini cheesecake (which he loves) delivered to his house from a local bakery, and we got to skype for a good long time (several hours) and he seemed to be feeling happy and loved, which is of course what I wanted. And I enjoyed the time, for sure. Just hard on these kind of days. Wish I could be there, wish I could be part of the celebrations with family/friends, wish I could hug him and do special things for him.

LDRs suck.

That stinks but it was good you got to talk and he enjoyed his cheese cake yum
    I also won't be with my SO for his birthday 2nd year in a row. And I always miss it by a few days last year I moved back home may 31st and his birthday is June 1st
    Then this year he's coming to visit me may 14-21st so again won't be with him

Comment

That's shit
      But you made the best out of it, so I can read
      Maybe next time, or the year after that, you can be with him!

Comment

Yep...I know that feeling....
        sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

Comment

Definitely know the feeling. *hugs* It's hard for sure but just think about all the future birthday you will be able to spend with him and spoil him all you want. That's what has helped me. This year was the first time my SO was with me for my Birthday. What a feeling that was.

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
          Married April 18th, 2015!!
          Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

I agree it really sucks Ive missed his first 2 bdays in our relationship and soon i will miss his 3rd one too. It sucks not to be there, but he doesnt really care much about his birthday, so that makes it a bit easier for me
            With you or with no one.

Comment

Definitely sucks. We've never been able to spend a birthday together, sadly..but there's been other holidays we've gotten to share together You'll get to share his birthday with him one day !

Comment

Working...
              X