Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My College decision

Hey lfad peeps!

Last week I made a post about transferring to school in Chicago to further my education. However I am not financially ready to do so. I've decided to take the few classes I need at community college in order to transfer to a four year university at home. When I transfer to Portland State University I will finally get to live on campus and live away from home for a few years. I'm so excited about this decision because I'm.finally doing something I really have been wanting to do. After I graduate from college my plan is to move to Chicago where I can get a job in my field and finally be with my SO. I told him about my decision and he is happy for me and supports me. In the meantime we will still visit each other and make it work.

This is very smart! I think it saves money, and allows you to get the core classes out of the way so that you can focus on your major at university. Way to go!

Comment

As someone who started out at a very expensive private school and ended up hating it and in loan debt, I support this decision. I wish I'd gotten basics out someplace affordable, then transferred to some place better later on. Here's hoping your plans work out. Seems like you've got a supportive SO to back you up no matter what.

Comment

I think that going to community college is a great idea! I went to community college for my first 2.5 years, and it was one of the best decisions I ever made. I transferred to a four-year university last semester, and I am currently a year away from graduating. It's possible!

Good luck to you

Comment

Working...
        X