No announcement yet.

I need some advice on my LDR.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So it has been awhile since my last post. I am currently with the same guy. With everything said I decided to follow my heart and keep the faith with hope. We have been having the ups and downs. The past few months have been pure torture on my heart. I ended it or so I tried after he really hurt me despite everything else. He has been more available towards me and it feels like he's changing now. I have given him outs and he still wants to stay together. I truly dont understand why he wants this relationship if his actions and words prove otherwise. How do you stay strong and focused when its time to walk away?

Comment

Sorry to read about this, but I have to echo the advice given to you before, that this situation is not a good one for you to remain in.

On how to end it, the simplest ways are to get apps that block phone calls and texts, or just ignore them block him on any other social media or communication method and walk away.

I don't personally understand why you would stay with a person that wants to keep you hidden for over two years, not allow you to see and the meet the family, and then does something to really hurt you, and you allow this.

He may want to remain in the relationship to 'control' you as right now he has huge power over you, as you are letting him dictate all the rules and it is not balanced in the slightest.

My honest opinion is to ditch him, and find some-one that will treat you in a way that you deserve, with kindness and tenderness.

Good luck!

Comment

I know this man seems to be all you want, but trust me, cutting him out of your heart and life is the best way. It doesn't even matter if he loves you when he cant treat you well.
        I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
        - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Originally posted by blpettitt52 View Post
          So it has been awhile since my last post. I am currently with the same guy. With everything said I decided to follow my heart and keep the faith with hope. We have been having the ups and downs. The past few months have been pure torture on my heart. I ended it or so I tried after he really hurt me despite everything else. He has been more available towards me and it feels like he's changing now. I have given him outs and he still wants to stay together. I truly dont understand why he wants this relationship if his actions and words prove otherwise. How do you stay strong and focused when its time to walk away?
          Right there tells you all you need to know. He has been keeping you on a string for over TWO YEARS. I know what it's like to be in a toxic relationship. I did this off and on for six years because he "might finally change" or "he might decide I am worth it" or "he just needs a little more time". Guess what? All that happened was I wasted six years of my life. Until you can realize that you deserve better, you will stay. And while you are sitting there making excuses, giving him chance after undeserved chance, there is someone out there for you that is good for you that you may miss because you are sticking it out with this poor excuse of a man.
          To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

The only good coming out of such a relationship, is knowing very well what you want and what you won't put up with AT ALL. But first you really have to feel the anger and hurt and let it change you inside out. I remember when I was so truely dissapointed by my ex that I could not even be turned on anymore (that takes a lot for me), that was when I knew I was ready to move on. It was like sobering up or waking up from a dream. And when I met SO, I knew what I wanted was: honesty, no games, clear communication, realism and someone who could take the lifestyle I want. I was very upfront with SO as soon as we started dating, and he also said that is what made him trust my good intentions. So for all the drama my ex and I (I was part of it, too) caused, it made me turn towards something much better and so I am actually grateful for the experience. I hope you find something better, too.
            I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
            - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I wouldn't want to be with someone that wants to keep me hidden,I would say to end it,you deserve a lot better then that.

Comment

Working...
              X