I need some serious support.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need some serious support.

Before I get into my problem, let me share a little backstory. I have been in a LDR for almost a year now with Jordan. He lives in Ohio and I live in Georgia. 857 miles apart to me exact. We were finally able to meet May 4th and I've gotta say it was literally the best day of my life. We were able to spend 4 days together and he left yesterday about noon. Now here is my problem. I literally feel like the life has been sucked out of me. That the only thing that makes me happy has walked out of my life. I've been crying nonstop for 2 days and I can't eat or sleep. We promised we were going to see each other again, but I honestly don't see it happening. He's got work and school and so do I. I don't know how we're supposed to get the time and money to make that trip. I mean maybe in a good 6 or 7 months, idk. I just know I can't wait another year. I've never had someone love me so much before and knowing we're going to be apart for god knows how long is killing me. I just really need some support guys.

The first visit is so hard. Please eat something... If you have to wait 7 months, at least try to set a date.
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Originally posted by differentcountries View Post
      The first visit is so hard. Please eat something... If you have to wait 7 months, at least try to set a date.
      Agreed. It's important that the OP eats. Yes, the first time will be heartbreaking and numb but just imagine all the memories a couple can make on many other visits!

When me and my S/O first had our visit/meeting, it was actually our first year anniversary as a couple. Although it was only for 5 days, it was one of the best moments in my life too. Just because you're a bit doubtful of future meetings doesn't mean it WON'T happen. Sure, money can be hard to come by to get a ticket or save up for a trip to see the other - but trust me, no matter the wait it will be worth it. Me and my boyfriend see each other roughly every 6 months. It's heartbreaking every time having to see him leave, but I know it's not the last time. Just try to keep strong, and share how you feel about it to your S/O. I'm sure he'll understand that you're sad about being apart again, I'm pretty sure he'll be feeling the exact same as you are.

It's also important you find things to do together to fill the void of not having physical contact. Try watching a tv series online as a couple or some movies, maybe play console games online together. Just anything to distract yourselves from the sadness but it's important when you are sad that you discuss it together. Discuss when you'll see each other next and try to be positive about the experience.

Just please eat and get some sleep. Maybe watch a good old chick flick with some ice cream to cheer yourself up

Comment

I'd be lucky that I got a chance to meet him at all. I still haven't met mine and don't know if we will ever also due to the schedule, time, and money conflicts.

If I had one chance to meet mine, I'd be so happy about that and I'd think there are people who don't get to meet theirs at all and be happy with what just happened.
        I've started to live one day at a time instead of looking ahead and that's relieved a lot of stress trying to plan for the future in a few months. When it gets closer to the time you intend on meeting again, that's when I'd get more prepared for it.

Comment

Please eat something..we all know how hard leaving after a visit is. I promise it'll get better, just give yourself a couple days to get over it and it'll begin to feel normal again

Comment

Post visit blues are normal. The last time I left I cried for a good week every night missing him too much. It gets better over time. Just take care of yourself and try your best to find time and money for another visit. We're all in the same boat and we all know how it feels

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
            First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
            Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
            Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
            Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
            Married: 1/24/2015
            Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

^^What Snow said. And also try to keep busy so that you are distracted rather than focusing on the bad/sad stuff. It does get easier. The first time I can home from visiting my SO was brutal as well. It's normal and it will pass. Get out and do stuff!

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
              Married April 18th, 2015!!
              Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

It's okay to take a little time to just cry it all out. I know the feeling, but he's still very much apart of your life. What helps me the most right after a visit is to skype and watch a movie together and laugh. We also both like spending time with our families and friends right after a visit. You'll still feel mopey, but it keeps you going. Thinking about planning that next visit helps too. Even if it's in 6-7 months, you'll know that it's going to happen. Even if you don't know all the details, just figuring out some stuff you can do together next visit would be a good distraction. Take care of yourself!

Married: June 9th, 2015

Comment

Thank you all so much. Your replies really have made me feel a lot better. I know it's going to get better once I get back in the groove of my normal life, it's just hard right now and I know you all understand. I'm just gonna take things one day at a time and let things fall into place

Comment

A certain amount of depression following separation is considered normal by psychiatrist. One did a study that shows that the feelings are similar to a breakup because you just aren't together anymore, not because you don't want to be, but because you can't. So it can even be worse. I always intentionally plan things for right after my SO leaves with friends and family so that I have to keep going. I also try and plan three visits ahead as much as I can.

Comment

This happens to almost all of us You'll be OK in a little bit, just hang on, the post-visit blues do pass.
                      Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

That feeling of leaving them for the 1st time is horrible I know it all to well !!! But try to set a date even with school and work there NEEDS to be time my so was wroking every day and school full time and he still made time to come. And km sure yours will to! Even if it's just a few days or a weekend better then Nothing. Good luck and feel better

Comment

I know that feeling. I am in ga too. My SO is in NY. Can't you are only 400 miles if you meet half way for a weekend. Can't you each drive that distance?
                          sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

Comment

I completely understand how you're feeling. My boyfriend lives in Australia and I'm in Florida... and it costs a ridiculous amount of money for us to see each other as we're both students. Last time I saw him was in January and it hurt like crazy for days after he left. It gets better though, try and be strong, keep busy, and schedule a date/place for the next meet. Even if it's months out, it helps to have something to look forward to. I've been counting down to July since January and it feels so good everyday to get closer to that date. Hope I was a bit of help to you. Stay strong, you're not alone.

Comment

Working...
                            X